what are the Port times ? Western Europe, 7 Nights (J007) 5 Jul - 12 Jul 2020

glittergal1

Hello we have just booked our first P&O cruise ,

On Arcadia 

Western Europe, 7 Nights (J007)
5 Jul - 12 Jul 2020

I found it strange that there were no timings advertised along with the ports and wouldnt normally book a cruise with poor times in port or in this case not even knowing the times. The only reason we booked this one is that we are doing the same itinerary later in the Year with MSC.

I presumed that the times would show on our booking and paperwork but it didnt.

So Does anyone know the times for the ports?

I dont even know what time the ship leaves Southampton !!!!!!!!!!!! How can we plan a time to embark a cruise without knowing when it is leaving ? usually we need to board 2 hours before. 

And how can we plan itinerary and excursions without knowing the port times?

Is this usual for P&O? or just because its a cruise next year? 

ive seen some times advertised on   a cruise website  called *****  how do they have times and P&O dont ? or are ***** just publishing anything 

Edited by glittergal1
added

21 minutes ago, glittergal1 said:

Hello we have just booked our first P&O cruise ,

On Arcadia 

Western Europe, 7 Nights (J007)
5 Jul - 12 Jul 2020

I found it strange that there were no timings advertised along with the ports and wouldnt normally book a cruise with poor times in port or in this case not even knowing the times. The only reason we booked this one is that we are doing the same itinerary later in the Year with MSC.

I presumed that the times would show on our booking and paperwork but it didnt.

So Does anyone know the times for the ports?

I dont even know what time the ship leaves Southampton !!!!!!!!!!!! How can we plan a time to embark a cruise without knowing when it is leaving ? usually we need to board 2 hours before. 

And how can we plan itinerary and excursions without knowing the port times?

Is this usual for P&O? or just because its a cruise next year? 

ive seen some times advertised on   a cruise website  called *****  how do they have times and P&O dont ? or are ***** just publishing anything 

I think I have seen on the new P&O website, on the itinerary pages, port times now shown as actual times rather than early morning or late afternoon.

2 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

I think I have seen on the new P&O website, on the itinerary pages, port times now shown as actual times rather than early morning or late afternoon.

What new website?  I just went on P&O.com and No times were showing  is there another site? 

4 minutes ago, glittergal1 said:

What new website?  I just went on P&O.com and No times were showing  is there another site? 

I am looking now at a cruise in Apr 2020 on the booking area, and the itinerary timings are shown for each port.

4 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

I am looking now at a cruise in Apr 2020 on the booking area, and the itinerary timings are shown for each port.

I cant see where they are for the one ive booked can you see that one? 

2 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

https://www.pocruises.com/find-a-cruise/N006/N006

See if you can open this page, you should see the port timings for Madeira.

I still dont know where you are seeing port times all I can see is arrive early morning depart afternoon 

could you look at the one ive booked please

• Like 1

10 hours ago, glittergal1 said:

I still dont know where you are seeing port times all I can see is arrive early morning depart afternoon 

could you look at the one ive booked please

You need to search for your cruise, then click on View Itinerary, then click the down button, or Browse itinerary, and it should show you each day as you click down and the times are displayed for that port. 

Hamburg is arr 7:00am ---Dep 11:00pm, Amsterdam is arr 7:00am day 5 Dep 7:00pm day 6, Zeebrugge arr 8;00am dep 6:00pm. back in Southampton for 7:00am.

Edited by terrierjohn

49 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

You need to search for your cruise, then click on View Itinerary, then click the down button, or Browse itinerary, and it should show you each day as you click down and the times are displayed for that port. 

Hamburg is arr 7:00am ---Dep 11:00pm, Amsterdam is arr 7:00am day 5 Dep 7:00pm day 6, Zeebrugge arr 8;00am dep 6:00pm. back in Southampton for 7:00am.

John on my IPad it still comes up with early evening etc. I wonder if you have to be on a computer. No idea why that should be.

17 minutes ago, daiB said:

John on my IPad it still comes up with early evening etc. I wonder if you have to be on a computer. No idea why that should be.

Maybe it's the browser Dai, I use Chrome on laptop and tablet (android) and the actual times are displayed on both.  In fact on the tablet its easier to view as the itinerary can be scrolled across the screen, rather than clicking the down button.

Edited by terrierjohn

7 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

Maybe it's the browser Dai, I use Chrome on laptop and tablet (android) and the actual times are displayed on both.  In fact on the tablet its easier to view as the itinerary can be scrolled across the screen, rather than clicking the down button.

Got Chrome on my IPad .. no difference.

As we just wander most of the time it is of little concern to me but I know that others would like this information.

15 minutes ago, daiB said:

Got Chrome on my IPad .. no difference.

As we just wander most of the time it is of little concern to me but I know that others would like this information.

Most strange, I hope someone else comes along to support me, otherwise I might start to doubt my eyes!

1 minute ago, jeanlyon said:

Maybe those that can't see it need to clear their history/cache?  I am using Internet Explorer at work and can definitely see times.

Just tried on my phone and it says Afternoon and evening!!

I never use the site so can’t be that.

6 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

Thank you

Even though I had done what you say the times were not showing no matter what I did, I even tried internet explorer instead of Chrome But no times were showing . So thank you for finding them even though Ive no idea how you have .  By any chance do you have fire fox?????????????? My husband just tried that one and yipee found them too 

15 minutes ago, glittergal1 said:

Thank you

Even though I had done what you say the times were not showing no matter what I did, I even tried internet explorer instead of Chrome But no times were showing . So thank you for finding them even though Ive no idea how you have .  By any chance do you have fire fox?????????????? My husband just tried that one and yipee found them too 

Nope my normal browser is chrome, but it does look as though browser choice and maybe your OS could be a factor in whether you see clock times or the old style morning or afternoon .

4 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

Nope my normal browser is chrome, but it does look as though browser choice and maybe your OS could be a factor in whether you see clock times or the old style morning or afternoon .

Maybe , Dont know why P&O do not make people aware of this though.

Any way thank you for helping I am much happier now I can  begin to plan  our  excursions for this Itinerary 

27 minutes ago, glittergal1 said:

Maybe , Dont know why P&O do not make people aware of this though.

Any way thank you for helping I am much happier now I can  begin to plan  our  excursions for this Itinerary 

You won't believe this but Firefox on my laptop does not show the exact times, I think P&O's IT dept. really do need to step up and join the 21st Century.

• Like 1