Left Clothes behind on Solstice

AidenL

Not sure how my wife and I both missed one drawer while packing, but we left a few things behind on Solstice in Alaska last week.

Is there any way to contact a Lost Property department or something in Celebrity? Or is this a lost cause, pardon the pun ! 

If you go to Celebrity homepage, scroll to bottom to contact us, then helpline, then there should be a number for post cruise support and hours it is open. For mainland U.K. it is 01932834127, unsure if this is the same for you.

If it is just clothes your room attendant may simply think you have deliberately left them behind.....Many guests deliberately leave behind hats, flip flops, T shirts...If the draw had more general items, or items of value I am sure the room attendant would have handed them in if they had seen them. The obvious third scenario is that the room attendant doesn’t check the drawers then it will be the next cruisers who discover your items and hopefully will hand then in. 

Sincere best wishes for a positive outcome....

Edited by chemmo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, chemmo said:

If you go to Celebrity homepage, scroll to bottom to contact us, then helpline, then there should be a number for post cruise support and hours it is open. For mainland U.K. it is 01932834127, unsure if this is the same for you.

If it is just clothes your room attendant may simply think you have deliberately left them behind.....Many guests deliberately leave behind hats, flip flops, T shirts...If the draw had more general items, or items of value I am sure the room attendant would have handed them in if they had seen them. The obvious third scenario is that the room attendant doesn’t check the drawers then it will be the next cruisers who discover your items and hopefully will hand then in. 

Sincere best wishes for a positive outcome....

20 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

If there are items of value, they go to Guest Relations and eventually to Miami.  Clothes are not recoverable.

Thank you. 

36 minutes ago, AidenL said:

Thank you. 

Let us know how you get on...Good Luck!

On the positive side if things don’t turn up it is a good excuse for a shopping spree before the next cruise.

By the way my glass is always half full...

• Like 3

23 hours ago, AidenL said:

Not sure how my wife and I both missed one drawer while packing, but we left a few things behind on Solstice in Alaska last week.

Is there any way to contact a Lost Property department or something in Celebrity? Or is this a lost cause, pardon the pun ! 

I wish you a better outcome than me.  I left my eye glasses in a case in our room on Silhouette.  Gave the exact location where they had been left.  I contacted the Lost and Found twice and each time  they said they were looking for them.  I  also did get periodic updates but never got them back.  

On our cruise to Alaska on Solstice, when we entered our room and started unpacking we found someone's clothes in a drawer.  I mentioned this to attendant and out they went.  He commented "I guess they did not want  them".  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, keesar said:

I wish you a better outcome than me.  I left my eye glasses in a case in our room on Silhouette.  Gave the exact location where they had been left.  I contacted the Lost and Found twice and each time  they said they were looking for them.  I  also did get periodic updates but never got them back.  

A number of years ago when we were having dinner in one of the specialty restaurants, I realized that I had forgotten to bring my reading glasses and could not read the menu.  So I mentioned to the waiter that I was going back to our stateroom to get my eyeglasses and would be right back.  He immediately produced a large box full of eyeglasses of various strengths and styles.

Now I think I know where all those eyeglasses came from.......

My lost and found story is a little more heart-stopping!

we were on the Norwegian Pearl in 2009 and when we had disembarked, I realized I didn’t remove the contents of the safe. I had won a poker tournament ($1800) plus some other cash totaling $2400!

Thankfully, I was able to get someone to go get it and it was all still there!]