dry dock one month before sailing?

robinlynn

There is a dry dock scheduled 1 month before my sailing....can they really get it done in a month or are there going to be workman still working during our sailing?  Anyone here have this experience?. Thanks

Robin Lynn

10 minutes ago, robinlynn said:

There is a dry dock scheduled 1 month before my sailing....can they really get it done in a month or are there going to be workman still working during our sailing?  Anyone here have this experience?. Thanks

Robin Lynn

What is the ship  and dates of your cruise?, recently there were problems with the scheduled dates for the Silhouette and there were several cancellations since the time for the revolution was extended.

Edited by gerelmx

It is rather amazing but yes they do get it in and out that quickly. We had the first cruise after dry dock on the Summit and I kept an eye on her progress. Some things may not be 100% if you are first on, but they try and fix whatever it might be. Of course there can be delays, that is possible with anything cruise related but the ones I've followed have made it in and out on time. And yes there may be contractors still aboard tweaking/working on some things but you will probably not even notice them.

4 minutes ago, ipeeinthepool said:

No need to worry, your ship will be there.  The recent problems on Oasis, Equinox and Silhouette were due to an accident at the Freeport Shipyard.

I thought the Silhouette was this coming January...or am I a year late?

12 minutes ago, oceangoer2 said:

I thought the Silhouette was this coming January...or am I a year late?

The Silhouette was originally scheduled to be completed by January 24, 2020 then they changed the scheduled to February 2020.  Then the accident at Freeport occurred and they have pushed it back to February 14 or maybe February 11, 2020.  The need to allow extra time for the Silhouette to go from Florida to Spain for the dry dock and then back to Florida.  The Equinox did that earlier this year in about a month but they did not complete all of the desired modifications.  I haven't heard when the Freeport drydock will be repaired, but the next three Celebrity dry docks are scheduled for other shipyards.

Edited by ipeeinthepool

• 2 months later...

I made this inquiry for a different sailing that was really close to the date of refurbishment, which I ended up cancelling.

I am not at all worried about it having a problem with this May sailing and am very excited!

Edited by robinlynn