reasonably priced Italia restaurants near Hotel Savoy in Rome

toothmaker

I would suggest go to TripAdvisor and go to the restaurant section.  See what restaurants get lots of good reviews.  I think you can narrow down your search by picking certain cuisines, areas etc.  We found a few very good restaurants near our hotel using TripAdvisor.  It is a great tool to use.

Unfortunately, the Savoy is in a kind of no-man's land when it comes to restaurants.  It's a few blocks from Via Veneto.  I stayed at the Westin, which was at the corner of Via Veneto and Via Ludvosi (where the Savoy is).  I'd walk Via Ludvosi all the time to get down to the Centro Storico via the Spanish Steps.  There really is nothing in the vicinity.   You're going to have to get down to the area below the Spanish Steps to find something worth paying for.

If you don't mind walking or taking a taxi and are willing to make reservations well in advance (the concierge at the Savoy should be able to help if you call them),  I'll say try: Armando Al Pantheon, Rosciolli, Casaletto, Pizza Emma.  Others will chime in, I'm sure.

• 2 weeks later...

We were just in Rome and stayed at the Hotel Savoy. Only a few blocks from the hotel just around the corner from the Westin was a wonderful small restaurant we ate at called Il Felini.  Great food and service and not terribly expensive. The tuna was excellent as was the beef carpaccio and we all enjoyed the cacia e pepe (spaghetti dish). They were serving a lovely white wine from a small distributor. 

Also right next door to the hotel is a very trendy sushi bar called Jaguar bar.  We enjoyed the sushi there.  

3 hours ago, clcmdse said:

We were just in Rome and stayed at the Hotel Savoy. Only a few blocks from the hotel just around the corner from the Westin was a wonderful small restaurant we ate at called Il Felini.  Great food and service and not terribly expensive. The tuna was excellent as was the beef carpaccio and we all enjoyed the cacia e pepe (spaghetti dish). They were serving a lovely white wine from a small distributor. 

Also right next door to the hotel is a very trendy sushi bar called Jaguar bar.  We enjoyed the sushi there.  

good to know that the area around the Westin is not a no-mans' land anymore.   Looked at the menu - not traditional Italian, but a riff on it.  short macaroni and bacon in the amtriciana?  Danish beef?  Trofi with pistachio instead of pesto?  At least it was tonnarelli with the cacio e pepe.  And, they had chicory as a side - always a favorite of mine.  Good reviews, so I'd say it would be a place to go in the neighborhood.