Ruby Princess Seattle Port Valet?

schlogee

We’ll be on the Ruby in two weeks and plan on using the Port Valet. Does this reply  mean that your SW flight has to be after 4:30?  I thought I’d read on another thread, that I can’t find, that the time was earlier than that. I can’t find the time on 

the Seattle port website either. 

I used this service two years ago;  fantastic;  left bags night before and we spent the entire day at the space needle area.  Delta's app tracks your bag.  I received notification that the bag had left the pier, bag was at airport; and finally, bag was loaded onto my flight.  Have fun on your cruise

• Like 2

Thanks everyone for the information on Seattle Port Valet.

I’m going to use this service in September on our Pacific Northwest cruise.

The web site states “luggage free” & “complimentary”.  I understand FREE.

Check in “early” at the ship’s Guest Service.

You can even track your bags.  Nice feature.  Princess does not offer this feature.

Seven (7) airlines participate in this program -- Delta, Alaskan, American, Horizon, Jet Blue, Southwest and United. 

Check Port of Seattle for current details.

This program is very similar to EZ Check.  The only difference is Princess charges for this service.

The info you can obtain on Cruise Critic is very useful.  I’m always learning.

John –

This is a post I found from two years ago.  It's was from the Port of Seattle website but when you try to click on the link, it says it doesn't exist any longer, as they have gone to a new website.  Of course, on that website, I've searched all over it and can't find the time constraints.  As you can see in what I found, two years ago your flight had to be after 11:00.  I did email them last night and haven't heard back.

There is a website which contains a PDF from the Port of Seattle which contains additional details

http://www.portseattle.org/ABOUT/COMMISSION/MEETINGS/2017/2017_04_11_RM_6c.pdf

Some excerpts from the PDF

"Guests enjoying this service are still responsible for airline baggage fees. The fee is collected byBags Inc. on board the ship during the check in process, and then remitted to the airlines byBags Inc. At this time, the proposed service will only serve domestic flights, which compriseabout 90% of Seattle’s cruise passengers. To participate in this service, guests must fly out thesame day they complete their cruise and have flight times later than 11:00 a.m.The luggage service would be promoted to passengers by the cruise lines and the Port. Seattlewould be the first homeport to offer a luggage valet service as a courtesy to benefit localtourism and small business. This action request would provide the service at no cost to theguest"

d I got an automated reply that said they would get back in touch today.  I haven't received anything yet.

We used Port Valet two years ago; July 2017.  We had a 11pm Delta flight.  No issues.  The contraints were you could not have a flight any earlier than noon and no later than 11:59pm.  We just made the cutoff

We just used the valet on May 18th with Delta. Southwest was still on the list. The form was sent to the cabin the next to last day. We had a1:pm flight, and after leaving the luggage outside the cabin the last night, we never saw them again until they came down the belt in orlando.

We used this wonderful service last year...had our bags picked up onboard and we were able to go to Pike Place market and enjoy our time in Seattle...our bags were waiting for us when we arrived in Houston!!

This is the email I received this morning from the Port of Seattle.

Good morning,

All of our cruise lines except Oceania are participating in the program as is Southwest Airlines. The times differ by ship so please check with the front desk when you board. It's typically flights on the same day after 11:30 am and before midnight.

Thank you,

Marie

On 6/24/2019 at 6:41 PM, bluedevil72 said:

We’ll be on the Ruby in two weeks and plan on using the Port Valet. Does this reply  mean that your SW flight has to be after 4:30?  I thought I’d read on another thread, that I can’t find, that the time was earlier than that. I can’t find the time on 

the Seattle port website either. 

In previous years your SW flight had to be after 11 am and BEFORE 4:30 pm,  which is a real bummer, since most of the flights to our location (nonstop) are later in the day!

13 hours ago, bluedevil72 said:

This is the email I received this morning from the Port of Seattle.

Good morning,

All of our cruise lines except Oceania are participating in the program as is Southwest Airlines. The times differ by ship so please check with the front desk when you board. It's typically flights on the same day after 11:30 am and before midnight.

Thank you,

Marie

That's not very helpful, not sure why they can't provide a little more info - as I noted in my other post, in previous years it was midnight for all airlines except SW, it was 4:30 pm cutoff for them.