Spice H2O on Escape

JuneauMe

Hi,  I was wondering if there are still no umbrellas up on Spice. The first trip I took on the Escape, There were big comfy chair & lots of umbrellas up on Spice. It was my favorite place to relax.. The next year there were lawn chairs & loungers and no umbrellas. The sun was unrelenting and I really didn't (couldn't) enjoy the space. Thanks for any info

D

On 6/24/2019 at 8:11 AM, JuneauMe said:

Hi,  I was wondering if there are still no umbrellas up on Spice. The first trip I took on the Escape, There were big comfy chair & lots of umbrellas up on Spice. It was my favorite place to relax.. The next year there were lawn chairs & loungers and no umbrellas. The sun was unrelenting and I really didn't (couldn't) enjoy the space. Thanks for any info

D

Just off the Escape.  I don't remember seeing any umbrellas at Spice H2O.  It was very hot up there from mid-day on .  Just a heads up.  Even though the area is supposed to be adults only until the evening, there were still kids running around and no one told them to leave.  For the most part, they were pretty good.  However, I don't think there were a lot of school aged kids on this cruise. 

23 minutes ago, bjtravelnews said:

Just off the Escape.  I don't remember seeing any umbrellas at Spice H2O.  It was very hot up there from mid-day on .  Just a heads up.  Even though the area is supposed to be adults only until the evening, there were still kids running around and no one told them to leave.  For the most part, they were pretty good.  However, I don't think there were a lot of school aged kids on this cruise. 

Thank you for the info

Was on Escape exactly one year ago today and I do remember a limited amount of umbrellas at Spice H2O.

It's a very nice space and we alternated between their and the area outside of Vibe on deck 19 on sea days.

I'm booked on Encore for Jan 2020 and sad that both of these spots apparently no longer exist.

On 7/1/2019 at 9:23 AM, bkrickles1 said:

Was on Escape exactly one year ago today and I do remember a limited amount of umbrellas at Spice H2O.

It's a very nice space and we alternated between their and the area outside of Vibe on deck 19 on sea days.

I'm booked on Encore for Jan 2020 and sad that both of these spots apparently no longer exist.

The 1st time I was on the Escape, there were umbrella's at spice, but last year there were none..

Am I understanding you correctly, there will not be a Spice H2O on the Encore? What will take it's place?

30 minutes ago, JuneauMe said:

The 1st time I was on the Escape, there were umbrella's at spice, but last year there were none..

Am I understanding you correctly, there will not be a Spice H2O on the Encore? What will take it's place?

There will be the virtual reality pavilion, laser tag, and go karts taking up the back of the ship. All revenue generators. 

8 minutes ago, JuneauMe said:

Betcha those things will be practically empty.  I hate when they take away cool spaces

The joy has the same setup. If it is successfully on the joy, i do not see why not on the encore