Suggested portions of the Railway Trail?

PortFees45

I love few things more than a long, quiet hike on a rustic, but easy to follow trail. Any of you Bermuda vets have any suggestions for the best portions of the Railway Trail that fit the bill? I've read some are broken up by roads and a little less easy to follow. 

It's been a few years but I do remember a map we got in Bermuda. It was very easy to use. Not sure where it is as we have moved. The last section we did in 2012 was from St. George.  Some are clearly only for walking while I remember one we took near Somerset that could possibly be used with a bike.  Always enjoyed it.  Did it once with a guide who was able to identify the plants and fruit that hung over from private yards.  Don't recall her name, it was in 2002. Dh says overlay the map with a road map so you know where to start and stop.  Don't forget a bus pass so you can ride when you get tired!

I love the railway trail.  This link has helped me in the past to plan out what sections I want to do https://www.bermuda-attractions.com/bermuda2_000036.htm.  I always end up doing section 6  which is on the north shore just east of Flatts (the Aquarium and zoo).  The trail at that section is not paved but the views are amazing.   I took the ferry from Dockyard to Hamilton then walked up to the central bus terminal and took the #10 bus and got off at the Crawl gas station.  I start at the Crawl gas station and finish up at Coney Island.  I then walked to Baileys Ice Cream (near Swizzle Inn and the Caves) for my treat or you can have lunch at the Swizzle Inn.  You can catch any bus back to Hamilton or ST. George's near the Swizzle Inn.    Definitely get a one or 2 day bus/ferry pass.  In September I plan to do section 1 & 2 that are in Somerset.

20190408_121902673_iOS.jpg

20180523_145226068_iOS.jpg

20180523_150544383_iOS.jpg

• Like 2