Do you have favorite hotels in embarkation and disembarkation ports?

SLSD

We have a preference for  Small  Boutique Hotels, comfy, sometimes quirky, and always great service. Moderately priced.

NICE, FRANCE for MONTE CARLO : Hotel La Villa Nice Victor Hugo

ROME, for CITAVECCHIA: Hotel Adriano

HONG KONG : Lanson Place

MILAN, ITALY : (  not Port related) Hotel Spidari

17 hours ago, SLSD said:

Koalapanda, Thank you for these references.  Do any of your recommended hotels include a small restaurant or bar within the hotel?

Hi SLSD, each Hotel listed has a small bar & good breakfast room.

Hotel Spidari Milan has also a small restaurant .This hotel includes in it's tarrif breakfast, fruit,snacks, water and has a coffee machine all free of charge available each day.

These little Gem Hotels are conveniently situated in the bustle of the city but some how all have a calm and peaceful atmosphere.

Another gem is Palazzo Abbadessa in Cannareggio VENICE breakfast and afternoon tea included,

has a bar but no restaurant.

On 6/28/2019 at 1:15 AM, koalapanda said:

Not luxury, but perfect convenience and an awesome breakfast.

I would compare the Eurostars Grand Marina to a Hyatt Regency in the US.  Dated but very nice.  Maybe the best hotel in Barcelona is the W Barcelona at about twice the price of the Grand Marina.  I have a golden rule: "never ever ever recommend a hotel to a friend".  My heaven my be their hell.  With that said we were thrilled with the Eurostars Grand Marina.

16 hours ago, raphael360 said:

I would compare the Eurostars Grand Marina to a Hyatt Regency in the US.  Dated but very nice.  Maybe the best hotel in Barcelona is the W Barcelona at about twice the price of the Grand Marina.  I have a golden rule: "never ever ever recommend a hotel to a friend".  My heaven my be their hell.  With that said we were thrilled with the Eurostars Grand Marina.

My post was totally factual, nothing more nothing less.

Luxury is not always within our budget.

We stayed 3 nights pre cruise September 2018 at Grand Marina .The Hotel conveniently suited our needs perfectly. Reasons being we could easiy navigate our way to our favourite spots. To revisit and enjoy mouth watering experiences of delicious lunches in small restaurants where genuine Spanish menus of the day were enjoyed previously.

We had a front of Hotel, corner room , the balcony sitting right in line with the Colonnade on Encore, when she docked. No transfers needed to the ship, very convenient. Yes, I was recommended by a friend and am thankful it ticked most of our boxes.

koalapanda, I agree.  Sometimes luxury is not the way to go.  It sounds like the Grand Marina worked so well for you--and not having to have a transfer to the port sounds great.  I can just imagine those small restaurants and their fare.  

5 hours ago, koalapanda said:

The Hotel conveniently suited our needs perfectly. Reasons being we could easiy navigate our way to our favourite spots. To revisit and enjoy mouth watering experiences of delicious lunches in small restaurants where genuine Spanish menus of the day were enjoyed previously.

We had a front of Hotel, corner room , the balcony sitting right in line with the Colonnade on Encore, when she docked. No transfers needed to the ship, very convenient. Yes, I was recommended by a friend and am thankful it ticked most of our boxes.

koalapanda, I agree with everything you said.  We loved the location, the price/quality, and waking up to see the Quest outside of our hotel  window - was "Priceless".  (see attached)

We would stay at the Grand Marina 100% of the time.

Attached is a picture of the

IMG_3512.jpg

• Like 1

Any suggestions in Dublin?  We are looking for two days post cruise in September.  We do not know Dublin at all - our first time in Ireland.  

We will be at the Intercontinental one night precruise with Seabourn package - not the least expensive choice but Seabourn makes arrivals after those long international flights so easy and we know we will not be ruining our trip on the first night.