Symphony - New cast causing date changes

I've been receiving emails this afternoon that my August 3rd Symphony sailing show reservations have been moved around due to new casts being "installed" (joining the new ship).

Any ideas as to why this would result in Flight being the first half of the week and Harmony being the second half? Not entirely thrilled with some of the new times and I've had to rearrange a bunch of items. However, I'm sure it'll work out.

Likewise, 1977 (skating show) has been moved off the 1st day of the cruise with HiRO taking place instead.

1 hour ago, ryguy2008 said:

I've been receiving emails this afternoon that my August 3rd Symphony sailing show reservations have been moved around due to new casts being "installed" (joining the new ship).

Any ideas as to why this would result in Flight being the first half of the week and Harmony being the second half? Not entirely thrilled with some of the new times and I've had to rearrange a bunch of items. However, I'm sure it'll work out.

Likewise, 1977 (skating show) has been moved off the 1st day of the cruise with HiRO taking place instead.

They insert the new cast gradually which often changes the order of the productions. This allows the new cast to do only one show during their first week onboard.  They pick up the other show their second week.  We've encountered this several times while doing Back2Backs.  We appreciate the desire and dedication of the new cash in getting it right.

4 minutes ago, beachnative said:

They insert the new cast gradually which often changes the order of the productions. This allows the new cast to do only one show during their first week onboard.  They pick up the other show their second week.  We've encountered this several times while doing Back2Backs.  We appreciate the desire and dedication of the new cash in getting it right.

Interesting. Do you think that'd mean that the Hairspray cast is new (if they were pushed later in the week)? Could be interesting to see a cast on their "premiere" night.

Same emails for us on the August 24 cruise.  Hairspray was moved from night time to 315pm (terrible...I went and shuffled days) and HIRO was moved to the first day instead of day 5 (fine for us, same time)

1 minute ago, Crism said:

Same emails for us on the August 24 cruise.  Hairspray was moved from night time to 315pm (terrible...I went and shuffled days) and HIRO was moved to the first day instead of day 5 (fine for us, same time)

Hm. I get it for an August 3rd sailing. However, 3 weeks later, not sure why they're still shuffling things around. My sailing also has the 3:15 PM showing (which does not appeal to me at all).

Well I just got the emails this morning for our July 13 cruise. They just moved around Hairspray and 1977 shows; I called and was told that shows were cancelled and they had to move around reservations to accommodate everyone. They moved my Hairspray show from Day 1 at 10:30pm to Day 2 at 2:00pm!! They then moved my 1977 reservation to Day 4--where it conflicted with another show (Hiro) that I had booked at the same time. Obviously, nobody looked at prior reservations before just inserting the new dates/times. I was able to get 1977 moved to another day with no conflicts, but couldn't move Hairspray. I'm not happy since I felt the explanations were really weak--and I had made these reservations back in April!! I can live without the shows, but hope it's not going to be RCCL policy on this cruise!!

20 hours ago, Robo1098 said:

Probably the change in cast. Giving the new cast some rehearsal time.

That was our experience on a recent cruise. Some of the showtimes were canceled/changed a week or two before the cruise. 

It wasn’t a big deal for us. Some shows that were later in the week were moved to earlier in the week and some of the shows earlier in the week were move to later in the week. 

M

• Haha 1

On the same August 3 sailing - Not a big deal but is a little annoying. I don't like the 3 pm showing of Hairspray as well but I feel there will be plenty nighttime activities happening on Night 6 so I will keep the 3pm show reservation.

On 6/24/2019 at 5:23 PM, ryguy2008 said:

One cast change may result in the ship to shuffle the order of all shows. It is all about crowd control and spreading people across venues and across nights.

On ‎6‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 1:21 PM, footballref said:

Well I just got the emails this morning for our July 13 cruise. They just moved around Hairspray and 1977 shows; I called and was told that shows were cancelled and they had to move around reservations to accommodate everyone. They moved my Hairspray show from Day 1 at 10:30pm to Day 2 at 2:00pm!! They then moved my 1977 reservation to Day 4--where it conflicted with another show (Hiro) that I had booked at the same time. Obviously, nobody looked at prior reservations before just inserting the new dates/times. I was able to get 1977 moved to another day with no conflicts, but couldn't move Hairspray. I'm not happy since I felt the explanations were really weak--and I had made these reservations back in April!! I can live without the shows, but hope it's not going to be RCCL policy on this cruise!!

Thanks for the heads up.    I just checked my shows and nothing has moved.....yet.   We have Hairspray night 1 at 8pm.

I still hope we can have that drink on board.    I'll be a regular at the Solarium Bar !

One of the coolest experiences we've had was a couple years ago on Harmony.   We were in the 1st two rows for the ice show.   Right before show time, the cast members from several other shows come in and sit near us.   Turns out it was the last night for the cast of the ice show.   They and the cast mates in the audience had the best time.   It was really fun to be a part of.

On 6/24/2019 at 6:45 PM, ryguy2008 said:

Hm. I get it for an August 3rd sailing. However, 3 weeks later, not sure why they're still shuffling things around. My sailing also has the 3:15 PM showing (which does not appeal to me at all).

I'm on the August 3rd sailing - never got an email.  I have all my shows booked.  Does that mean the shows I booked were not changed?

Just now, Queen of Oakville said:

I'm on the August 3rd sailing - never got an email.  I have all my shows booked.  Does that mean the shows I booked were not changed?

I guess not. But most shows were moved. 

Thank you OP - they had us double-booked (of course if I tried to do that - the website would freak out on me!).  They also moved our hairspray to the last night - which I know will be me in the cabin packing.

Hairspray on night 1 - was perfect.  I've seen it too many times but my DD loves it and wants to see it again.  I figured if I was tired from the travel day, I could shut my eyes during the show and not have to watch it again.  Ended up booking the 3:30 show on the 8th.   It was either give up an afternoon of gambling or the final night of gambling.  

Curious - were you told to move the shows or did they move them for you, like they did for me?

I had a little panic when my calendar did not show any of my dining reservations - just showed "at my leisure" but per the order history - my reservations are all there.

Edited by Queen of Oakville

1 hour ago, Queen of Oakville said:

Curious - were you told to move the shows or did they move them for you, like they did for me

They were moved for me. I also received this by email (1 per item moved):

We have processed a change to your reservation made using our Cruise Planner based on one of the following scenarios:

• A change in departure time for your reservation was made by the tour operator;
  • A change has been made to your cruise itinerary or one of the ports visited that required for your reservation to be changed;
  • A change has been made to your arrival and/or departure time for a specific port that required for your reservation to be changed.

Special Note: Dear Guest, Due to the installation of a new theater cast we will have to move some of the show times and dates around. We apologize for any inconvenience this might cause. Your reservations have automatically been moved from the original showtime to the new showtime. Thank you very much for understanding and we look forward to seeing you onboard the Symphony of the Seas. Original Showtime: 1977 - August 3rd @ 8:30pm New Showtime: HiRO - August 4th @ 7:00pm

Edited by ryguy2008

Got the same for my trip on August 17th

Dear rbschultz,

We have processed a change to your reservation made using our Cruise Planner based on one of the following scenarios:

• A change in departure time for your reservation was made by the tour operator;
  • A change has been made to your cruise itinerary or one of the ports visited that required for your reservation to be changed;
  • A change has been made to your arrival and/or departure time for a specific port that required for your reservation to be changed.

Special Note: Dear Guest, Please note that due to the installation of a new cast we have had to move some of the dates and times of the scheduled shows. All of your reservations have automatically been moved to the new date and time listed below. If you would like to reschedule, please visit www.royalcaribbean.com or onboard visit our Box Office. Original Showtime: Hairspray! on August 18th at 10:30pm New Showtime: Hairspray! on August 22nd at 10:00pm

Reservation Number: 8675309
Cruise: 7 Night Western Caribbean & Perfect Day
Ship Name: Symphony Of The Seas
Date of Departure: 17-Aug-2019
Departing From: Miami, Florida

23 hours ago, zdad59 said:

Thanks for the heads up.    I just checked my shows and nothing has moved.....yet.   We have Hairspray night 1 at 8pm.

I still hope we can have that drink on board.    I'll be a regular at the Solarium Bar !

Sounds like a plan to me! I'll be wearing either the Eagles hat in the photo attached to my name on this post or a red Phillies hat (yes, I'm a Philly homer!!). And I'll be at the Solarium too!