Just Off Armonia - Ask Away!

OceansOfTravels

What is the situation in Miami on turn-round day on a 14 day b2b? I heard you have to completely disembark (minus luggage) and go through Customs and Immigration, only to re-embark. I read no-one is allowed back on until everyone is off.

Was that your experience?

Thanks, John.

In the US, it is required that all passengers leave the ship so that it can be 'zeroed down' before any new passengers can begin to board.  I have not done a B2B on MSC, but the procedure for my previous B2B cruises on Celebrity, Carnival, HAL, Princess is that you receive a letter in your cabin the day before you return to port.  Maybe earlier.  It will detail the procedure.  It will tell you the time and place to meet, and when all other guests have departed they will walk you off and through immigration (not customs) and then you can return to the ship.  If you have booked as one continuous cruise, you will keep your same cruise card.  If you booked as two separate cruises B2B, they may give you your new card in that letter, or when you meet the next morning.  They should also give you an In Transit pass so that if you choose to leave the ship and go on an excursion or shopping, you can bypass the lines when returning.  On your return you would need to go through security but not checkin.  I'm sure someone will be along shortly to give you any differences with MSC.  EM

7 hours ago, Essiesmom said:

In the US, it is required that all passengers leave the ship so that it can be 'zeroed down' before any new passengers can begin to board.  I have not done a B2B on MSC, but the procedure for my previous B2B cruises on Celebrity, Carnival, HAL, Princess is that you receive a letter in your cabin the day before you return to port.  Maybe earlier.  It will detail the procedure.  It will tell you the time and place to meet, and when all other guests have departed they will walk you off and through immigration (not customs) and then you can return to the ship.  If you have booked as one continuous cruise, you will keep your same cruise card.  If you booked as two separate cruises B2B, they may give you your new card in that letter, or when you meet the next morning.  They should also give you an In Transit pass so that if you choose to leave the ship and go on an excursion or shopping, you can bypass the lines when returning.  On your return you would need to go through security but not checkin.  I'm sure someone will be along shortly to give you any differences with MSC.  EM

To "Bollinge" - This is all true, unless your cruise is like mine, where Key West is your last day. If Key West is the last day of the cruise, then all passengers are required to go through immigration in Key West (regardless of their intentions for the day, so even if you are using Key West as an empty ship day, you will need to go through immigration). Immigration will be onboard, and for us, they used the theatre for Americans and Canadians, and the main restaurant for all other passport holders. If you do want to disembark in Key West, you will not be able to until you go through immigration. But, upon your return to Miami, you'll just be able to disembark and literally walk off the ship, because you went from the USA to the USA and had already cleared immigration. So, if you're a B2B passenger, you'll be able to just walk off and spend the day in Miami if you'd like, or just be required to do the standard walk-off, walk-on as they transition the ship for new passengers.

However, if your last port is not Key West, disregard everything I just said 🙂

• Thanks 1

On 7/2/2019 at 9:18 AM, Essiesmom said:

This is my second attempt at this question...

We like a nightlight in the bathroom.  On our previous MSC cruises (Divina & Seaside) the outlet in the bathroom was not 'live' unless the lights were turned on. (This is true of Carnival ships also).  Is this also true for Armonia?  We are booked for August 26.   EM

Just got to our room on Armonia and for some reason remembered your question...the outlet in our bathroom (once I found it attached to hair dryer) does NOT work with the light off. We are Fantastica on 7th floor, ocean view if that makes a difference. Also, our mini bar/frig is locked, no drink pkg was purchased, so I am a bit bummed about not having a frig. And only 2 outlets in our room, but I brought a surge protector that has additional USB ports and outlets. Hope that helps! 

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, CTurtlelvr said:

Also, our mini bar/frig is locked, no drink pkg was purchased, so I am a bit bummed about not having a frig

Ask your steward to unlock the fridge and fill it with what you want. We get orange juice from breakfast to drink overnight.

2 hours ago, CTurtlelvr said:

Just got to our room on Armonia ...Also, our mini bar/frig is locked, no drink pkg was purchased, so I am a bit bummed about not having a frig. And only 2 outlets in our room...

Bless you for thinking about us when you are on vacation!!!  Since you are from NC, I am assuming you have a regular US extension cord.  Thanks to your post, I will be sure to include an extension cord (or two). 

On other cruise lines, I have told the cabin steward, in advance, that I would not be purchasing any of the fridge stuff but wanted to use the fridge.  In some cases they removed the items from the room, and in other cases they just asked me to put them elsewhere in the room.  (The FIRST time, I didn't tell the steward ahead of time and got charged!  I was reimbursed, once the items were "found".)  I hope you have a great steward that will help you optimize that fridge!!!

We will be on the Armonia and have a few questions. First, my wife is a Black card member  and I am Classic,  will I be able to go to black club party and the other Black card events with her including boarding on the first day. etc. Also, does anyone have any info on cabin 9001? thanks ahead of time.

Jamon, there are very few cabin reviews for the Armonia...none for Cabin 9001.  Here's the link:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2674157-just-off-armonia-ask-away/page/3/?tab=comments&source=122648

Congrats on the Black Card.  Looks like you've got a great Travel Agent there in Tampa. I'll be in the Tampa Bay area this weekend but not for a cruise, unfortunately.  Have you ever been cruising out of the Tampa port?

On 6/24/2019 at 7:51 PM, OceansOfTravels said:

Hello all,

I just returned home from a great week onboard the MSC Armonia, and yes, I was on a rerouted cruise originally intended for Havana. But, I started this thread to answer questions anyone has about the ship, MSC in general, the ports (I went to Roatan, Costa Maya, Cozumel and Key West), and whatever else may be on your minds. Ask away, and Happy cruising! 😄

Thank you, I was wondering what drinks are complimentary in the dining room. i heard that they charge for water at the table? I just want to know exactly what to expect . I booked this ship for next year. Can you buy wine on board and take it to your stateroom? And can you bring a bottle of wine to consume in your stateroom with you like you can on rccl? 

On 7/29/2019 at 5:00 PM, jamon said:

We will be on the Armonia and have a few questions. First, my wife is a Black card member  and I am Classic,  will I be able to go to black club party and the other Black card events with her including boarding on the first day. etc. Also, does anyone have any info on cabin 9001? thanks ahead of time.

We had this exact same situation happen. You will be able to attend all Black Card events, and reap all of the Black Card benefits, as long as you are in the same room as the Black Card holder. If you have a party spread out over multiple staterooms, only those with the Black Card member will be technically allowed to accompany them on their perks. But, if you're sharing one room, then you're all good.

4 hours ago, the mistral wind said:

Thank you, I was wondering what drinks are complimentary in the dining room. i heard that they charge for water at the table? I just want to know exactly what to expect . I booked this ship for next year. Can you buy wine on board and take it to your stateroom? And can you bring a bottle of wine to consume in your stateroom with you like you can on rccl? 

Hello!

Iced water, in a glass, is totally free and unlimited. We all had it every night. However, if you want to buy bottled water like Acqua Panna or any sort of sparkling or bubbling water, you will have to pay for that. That is a big misconception when it comes to MSC, but rest assured tap water in an glass is free and unlimited.

As for the wine, I couldn't tell you directly. We did not do this, nor have we ever enquired about this. Maybe others will be able to chime in, but for me specifically, I won't be of much help. Sorry!

Let me know if you think of any more questions.

19 hours ago, the mistral wind said:

Unlike many US-based cruise lines, MSC does not allow each adult passenger to bring a bottle of wine on board for personal consumption.  Many report that security outside of Miami, people have brought on wine or liquor and it has not been confiscated, but that's at your risk.  Let's just say that technically, it is not allowed by MSC.

On 7/30/2019 at 5:31 PM, OceansOfTravels said:

Hello!

Iced water, in a glass, is totally free and unlimited. We all had it every night. However, if you want to buy bottled water like Acqua Panna or any sort of sparkling or bubbling water, you will have to pay for that. That is a big misconception when it comes to MSC, but rest assured tap water in an glass is free and unlimited.

As for the wine, I couldn't tell you directly. We did not do this, nor have we ever enquired about this. Maybe others will be able to chime in, but for me specifically, I won't be of much help. Sorry!

Let me know if you think of any more questions.

Thank you i know that sounds crazy but we don't buy bottled water at home. Only when i was sick and had to drink water everywhere i went. i know all water is filtered and that fine for me more money for wine. lol thank you so much for your reply. someone on here said they don't have any tap water that is served in dining room and you have to buy bottled water. Thats just wrong lol. thanks again

Hello!

I am new to MSC so forgive...

I am booked Solo/Bella (which I am fine with).  I have the Premium Beverage package.  Does the Premium Beverage include Caffè San Marco?  Where can you get bottled water with the Premium Beverage package?  The website does not offer much info and I apologize if asked before...

Thank you! 🙂

Got the spa pass for Armonia. Have done spa area on Davina. Have not yet Armonia. Not sure if you experienced spa area but if so any details on what exact features the spa area has would be nice. Im sure steam room, sauna, and the loungers but maybe something else? Thanks.

On 8/3/2019 at 10:04 AM, jamon said:

OceansOfTravel.....In Cozumel did you dock downtown or which one of the two further from downtown...also do you remember what day and time the black card cocktail party was...thanks

In Cozumel, we docked at Punta Lagosta, which is the downtown pier. The other two piers are owned by Carnival and Royal Caribbean, and are only used by them and the other lines in their groups (unless for some reason Cozumel has many ships that day,  then they'll pay RCCL or CCL a large sum to dock, but that's pretty unlikely. You'll likely be at Punta Lagosta.

The Cocktail party was on Saturday night, which for me, was a sea day, or the second to last night (Key West was our last night). 

21 hours ago, OceanBlueWaters said:

Hello!

I am new to MSC so forgive...

I am booked Solo/Bella (which I am fine with).  I have the Premium Beverage package.  Does the Premium Beverage include Caffè San Marco?  Where can you get bottled water with the Premium Beverage package?  The website does not offer much info and I apologize if asked before...

Thank you! 🙂

I do not know anything about the drink package because I've never purchased one on a cruise before - sorry! Hopefully another experience cruiser can come in here and answer questions about that for you.

However, I think you should be able to pick up bottled water at nearly every bar on the ship. Maybe someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe most bars have them. However, if you want to be environmentally-conscious, you could just as for a glass of ice water from the bartender when you're around the ship, and just get bottled water when you're planning on disembarking for the day 🙂

6 hours ago, spearnreel said:

Got the spa pass for Armonia. Have done spa area on Davina. Have not yet Armonia. Not sure if you experienced spa area but if so any details on what exact features the spa area has would be nice. Im sure steam room, sauna, and the loungers but maybe something else? Thanks.

You just about hit it. The other couple that was with us splurged on that for them, and that's all they really talked about. Saunas, steam rooms, and chairs for relaxing. It's a small ship, so they don't have a ton of space to add anything else. The only thing I could compare it to would be the spa pass on the Carnival Splendor, which I can promise you did not compare. It's small, so don't expect much. However, it's very nice and I think you'll enjoy it if you go in knowing it's just really saunas and steam rooms!

Hi we'll be sailing on August 26th and it's our first time on MSC.  Here are my questions:

What did you do in each of the ports?

Is there  a blow dryer in the cabin or do  I need to bring my own?

Besides Captain night and white party are there any other theme nights I should be prepared for?  I read on another sight of possible 70's night and green, red, & white night.

Does anyone have the daily planner they can share?