Industrial Port of Rostock Transportation?

Our ship (Regal Princess) will be docking at the Industrial Port of Rostock, which looks to be quite a ways from Rostock Town Center.  Does anyone know if Princess offers a shuttle to Rostock Center (it doesn't appear under excursions)?  Any advice on inexpensive and easy travel options to town center or Warnemunde? 

Thanks!

When we docked in Rostock a couple of years on our HAL cruise, HAL arranged for a free ferry to Warnemuende and a free bus to Rostock.  BUT they did not announce this until the morning of our arrival!  So, I had already done research on how to get to both towns via public transportation.  It’s possible, but you have to get to the closest station first (which I believe is “Klein Lutten”).

So, it might be good to research that option and hope you don’t have to end up using it. 

On 6/26/2019 at 1:19 PM, dabear said:

Last year we docked in Warnemunde and took an easy round trip train ride (train station next to port) to Rostock.

It's not that easy if you're docked in the industrial port. It's not near a train station. Our ship did run a shuttle into Warnemunde, but it wasn't well publicized and we didn't know about it before we sailed. We booked a tour through Alla, which which we had already booked a St. Petersburg tour. A car picked us up at the port and we drove to the nearest train station, where we met our guide who took us on a train to Warnemunde, where we toured. We then boarded a train followed by a tram into Rostock, where we had lunch and more touring. At the end of the tour we hitched a ride on the shuttle for another cruise ship docked in the industrial port (no one seemed to care that we were stowaways) to go back to the ship. I always called it our "trains, tram and bus" tour. 

I am on your cruise.  Here is what I have learned. There are public buses, 45 and 49 leaving every 30 minutes to the train station, Lutten Klein  where you can get a train every 15 minutes into Rostock or Warnemunde.  However, it is suggested that the easiest is to take a taxi from the port to Rostock and  I am told they are available at the port. However, I have tried to contact the taxi company and have gotten no response. I was asking about the fare ( maybe about 30 euros) and if there is a fee for pick up a the port. You can get a lot of information about the various options from this port at travelanni.webs.com  At this point I think we will take the taxi. It would be great to learn there is a shuttle.

• Thanks 1

A couple of years ago, we had a whole DIY day planed for our stop in Warnemunde and then Celebrity switched us to the Rostock port.  Transportation from the Rostock port is a bit more complicated unless your cruise line offers a shuttle.  We decided just to take a tour instead, which went to all of the places that we had planned to go on our DIY adventure.  This was very convenient, with a Rostock port pick-up.  We didn't waste time waiting for busses, we had lunch included, and the advantage of a knowledgeable guide. I would recommend this if you are looking to do something other than Berlin. If you plan to stick with a DIY plan, I also second the suggestion above to check travelanni's web site: it is full of useful information.

Here is the link to the Alla Tours web site. We chose the Hanseatic Rostock and Molli Steam Train tour.

https://alla-tour.com/tours/