Baked Alaska

shepink72

I can't answer your question since we eat in the MDR every night, but you can always eat elsewhere, then come to the MDR to get your baked Alaska. You don't have to dress up for elegant night, despite what some fashion police on here say. Many do not.

• Like 1

As stated already, it is certainly possible to not eat in the MDR but come in later just for a special dessert.  We have eaten in the Steakhouse and then went to the MDR for Bitter N Blanc when it was still good with the vanilla icing.  We've done the same more recently for Gran Marnier souffle.   Not sure if we would do it for the baked alaska, as carnival's revised or resurrected version doesn't appeal to us that much.

If it's the OP's fav though, by all means go for it.  You can tell your wait staff the night before you'll be coming just for dessert, and if you don't want to eat at the table, ask them to box it to go.  You can enjoy it anywhere you'd be comfortable then.

1 hour ago, RandomUser123 said:

You don't need to get dressed up for formal night if that is the only reason you are skipping it. 

Carnival doesn’t have a formal night anymore. As an alternative, they offer Cruise Elegant which pretty much accommodates all fashion choices as anything goes when sailing Carnival.

• Haha 1

On 6/30/2019 at 10:57 AM, MisterOJ2 said:

Baked Alaska has always been served on the last night of every cruise I've been on. I've also never known of formal night being on the last night. Is that the case on some shorter itineraries?

It’s always the final night when sailing on Princess and I remember it being the same way during the time I actually cruised with Carnival. I don’t remember ever seeing the Baked Alaska on an elegant or formal night.