Port or Starboard for Alaska?

JIMinNC

1 hour ago, Pam said:

My son-in-law has problems getting time off in June, and I refuse to fly out of Anchorage if I can avoid it, so our choice was June 24, Seward to Vancouver.  We'll spend a couple of days in Vancouver before flying home on July 4th.

We chose that same voyage. My wife's birthday is June 24, so we figured it would be better to do southbound so we could be on board for her birthday rather than doing the immediately preceding northbound cruise and having her birthday being the disembarkation day.

We are doing an Alaska cruise in 12 days and, off the top of my head, I don't know if we are starboard or port.  Usually when I book a cruise I check directions, etc. to see where the sun will rise and set, etc.  For Alaska, it really makes no difference.  When they go into areas like Tracy Arm and Hubbard Glacier, the ship goes in a long way - does at least one turnaround of the ship and returns.  Both sides of the ship get a great view.

• Like 1

The kids are all aft on our cruise, I am in a starboard suite.  It doesn't matter where I am, if I am out on a balcony it will be aft.  I am hoping they can do something with the dividers on the aft suites, so we have one huge one to wander around on.  

I remember sitting on my balcony, decked in one Alaskan city really close to the city, and talking to my mother on the phone.