Alaska State Museum Juneau

tutuwahineLV

Hi all,  Looking for information on the easiest way to get to the State Museum in Juneau.  Traveling with my older mother,  and while there are no mobility issues, I think the walk might be a little too far. I think our ship will be at the AJ dock, but am not positive.   Is there a town shuttle when the ships are in? (there will be 4 on the day we're there)  are taxi's easily available?  

Thanks for the help

2 hours ago, tutuwahineLV said:

Hi all,  Looking for information on the easiest way to get to the State Museum in Juneau.  Traveling with my older mother,  and while there are no mobility issues, I think the walk might be a little too far. I think our ship will be at the AJ dock, but am not positive.   Is there a town shuttle when the ships are in? (there will be 4 on the day we're there)  are taxi's easily available?  

Thanks for the help

During my last visit to Juneau two years ago, I visited the Alaska State Museum and found it to be a very interesting experience.  I did walk along the waterfront to the street where the Museum was located and went inland from there.  It was a bit of a hike, but I took it slow and made several "stops" just to rest/sightsee along the way.  No shuttle to that attraction of which I am aware or saw, but there ought to be taxis available at the pier.  Upon your return, a taxi will need to be called to meet you at the Museum.  The Museum staff ought to be able to do that for you.  But, just in case:  Be Prepared!  (I was a Scout a long time ago.)  Have the number of taxi companies available so that you can use your cell phone (assuming you have one) to call for one.

• Like 1

Good afternoon, 

We just got back from Alaska on HAL. Looking at the port schedule you are at the AS dock on Thursday, Sept. 5th. The Alaska State Museum is great! It's about .8 mile walk on pretty easy roads all with sidewalks. You might be able to get a city bus from the library. Something to research. 

Karen