Help! Can I possibly make my return flight???

I think I really screwed up.  I'll be returning to Vancouver from an Alaskan cruise on September 30 on the Norwegian Jewel.  It arrives in port at 8 a.m....  I notice that there are 2 other ships that will be docked at the same time.  My flight from Vancouver to Toronto to Philadelphia is at 11:30 a.m.  If I skip the taxi line and go with private transportation and am one of the first off the ship, is it possible to make my flight?  

Yikes, well that is close but not as close as others I've seen try. The Port of Vancouver website shows your ship in at 7 am, and I would say IF you do self-disembarkation and get thee to the airport (a taxi should be OK), you may have a fighting chance. I looked up your itinerary and see that you will have to go through Canadian Customs at the Port of Vancouver and this will definitely slow you down. I think your only saving grace is that you are on a domestic flight from Vancouver to Toronto.

Having said that, is it really how you want to spend your beautiful Alaskan cruise - worrying about making this flight? Is there any way you can change it?

18 hours ago, kayrob said:

I think I really screwed up.  I'll be returning to Vancouver from an Alaskan cruise on September 30 on the Norwegian Jewel.  It arrives in port at 8 a.m....  I notice that there are 2 other ships that will be docked at the same time.  My flight from Vancouver to Toronto to Philadelphia is at 11:30 a.m.  If I skip the taxi line and go with private transportation and am one of the first off the ship, is it possible to make my flight?  

1. you are flying Vancouver to Toronto to Philidelphia, this means you are doing US customs in toronto....

2. Taxi to airport is about 35 mins,  or the canada line with walk will get you to the terminal in about 60 mins.

it is doable if you walk off with the first groups, clear Canadian customs at the cruiseport and get on your way to airport.

Edited by mrell345

Thanks all - I had to book a 1:45 flight from Vancouver to Toronto and then a 7:30 a.m. flight to Philadelphia the following morning which will get me home at 9:00 a.m. Lesson learned!

^ OK. You can stay at an airport hotel with a shuttle for the night (or one of the hotels that is in the airport), and in the morning you will go through US pre-clearance at the airport, thus making your flight, in effect, a domestic flight. Give yourself some extra time for that and for security clearance.