Labadee on Azamara

uktog

We have been here before on a Celebrity ship and they seemed then to have different beaches for different guests - we were in a big suite then and we were at a beach with lots of chairs etc.  We rented a cabana with two other guests.

We will now be back but this time with Azamara.  How do they handle which beaches guests can go to or is a more relaxed approach?

On the Voyage planner it says loungers for two chairs for $50 - this did not seem right for Azamara?  Are there no free loungers?

Ann

I was there last Nov.  All the beaches were free but a roped off one for all suites who had chairs included. There were cabanas to rent and guests paid  for them.   No where on the AZ website was a charge-that I can remember for just chairs. One beach was for crew only. never saw it. Sometime during the cruise all suite guests were told that we had our own private beach with out own BBQ and Bar. it was great. Lots of chairs compared to people.   You had to go get your own drink no pool boys. I would wait until on ship to see what is offered if in a suite. Now we both know things could of change since Nov.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I've been to Labadee several times and don't see how they could possibly charge for loungers. The section you (we) were in before was Barefoot Beach club which is always reserved for guests in suites - the loungers are free but the cabanas have a cost. However the remaining beach areas are free for anyone.

Last time we were there it was on one of the huge Oasis class ships and we said we wouldn't get off if we ever called there again on a massive ship - or if two ships were in port. Oasis cleverly distributes guests around the ship itself but Labadee really brought home just how many people are onboard. However, the experience of being the only ship in port on such a small ship as Journey would be very nice indeed. :classic_biggrin:

Thanks Ann, I did wonder how on earth they charged - maybe they were smarter loungers I don't know.  Or is it a Land Discoveries glitch - the brochure for that trip is riddled with errors still.

I need to check if two are in port that is a good point.  Im looking forward to hopefully another chill out day as we had with you guys that time.

Ann, I think they sell those fold-over canopy style loungers and four-poster bed type things on one of the beaches, so perhaps that's what they're charging for

Edited by Bobal
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, uktog said:

We have been here before on a Celebrity ship and they seemed then to have different beaches for different guests - we were in a big suite then and we were at a beach with lots of chairs etc.  We rented a cabana with two other guests.

We will now be back but this time with Azamara.  How do they handle which beaches guests can go to or is a more relaxed approach?

On the Voyage planner it says loungers for two chairs for $50 - this did not seem right for Azamara?  Are there no free loungers?

Hi we were there in May 19 on the Independence, the ordinary sunbeds were given out by the beach butlers, at no charge, but most people did tip, they set them up under a tree etc, where you requested, we had a lovely day there but we were the only ship in town 😀

• Thanks 1