Is there laundry service on Viking Sky

ViennaLover

We will be on the July 21 cruise leaving from Copenhagen.  I have assumed that there was only self-serve laundry service but I just read a post about the problem with the laundry stickers.  So, is there laundry service and, if so, what are the prices like?  Is there a laundry package which includes unlimited laundry service.  I had this with Windstar and loved it.

Yes there is laundry service. We just concluded a cruise on the Star and prices are per item with a 50% surcharge if you want same day delivery. I had a set of pajamas washed and delivered the same day. It cost $5.25 (would have been $3.50). $3.50 per item delivered the next day was a common price (blouses, shirts) though a pair of socks was less. I'm not aware of a laundry package.

8 minutes ago, Hanoj said:

Yes there is laundry service. We just concluded a cruise on the Star and prices are per item with a 50% surcharge if you want same day delivery. I had a set of pajamas washed and delivered the same day. It cost $5.25 (would have been $3.50). $3.50 per item delivered the next day was a common price (blouses, shirts) though a pair of socks was less. I'm not aware of a laundry package.

We made good use of the 'free' laundry and shoe shine service last time we were on Viking Sun, and hope it will be much the same for our next trip on Viking Star.

We simply put our laundry bag and shoes out daily, and it's a great service.  So much so that we've decided we'd prefer an add-on pre-cruise, that way we head home after the cruise with all laundry done.

Edited by Parsley Cruises
addition

We will be taking a 13 Day Mediterranean Odyssey cruise on Viking Jupiter next October. I inquired about a laundry package directly with Viking and was told there was none, although you can send out and pay for individual items. We always buy the laundry package when we sail on the Paul Gauguin, and love it. I suggested the agent put that request in the Viking "Suggestion Box".

Just now, Parsley Cruises said:

We made good use of the 'free' laundry and shoe shine service last time we were on Viking Sun, and hope it will be much the same for our next trip on Viking Star.

We simply put our laundry bag and shoes out daily, and it's a great service.

@Parsley Cruises, did you have a PJS or higher category stateroom? The free laundry service is not available for all cabin categories. We've only had PV1 cabins (free pressing and shoe shine, but not laundry) and considered a PJS on our recently concluded Med cruise, but decided we would continue with the PV1 (prefer midships to aft location on deck 5 or 6) and pay for laundry as needed. 

36 minutes ago, Hanoj said:

@Parsley Cruises, did you have a PJS or higher category stateroom? The free laundry service is not available for all cabin categories. We've only had PV1 cabins (free pressing and shoe shine, but not laundry) and considered a PJS on our recently concluded Med cruise, but decided we would continue with the PV1 (prefer midships to aft location on deck 5 or 6) and pay for laundry as needed. 

36 minutes ago, Hanoj said:

We have a rule: no suite = no cruise. We don’t look for what other passengers do or don’t get.  We just book a location of suite that appeals, and get on with it.  We don’t go on holiday to go without;  we just go to enjoy ourselves quietly. 

• Like 2

Just now, Parsley Cruises said:

We have a rule: no suite = no cruise. We don’t look for what other passengers do or don’t get.  We just book a location of suite that appeals, and get on with it.  We don’t go on holiday to go without;  we just go to enjoy ourselves quietly. 

For a similar reason, we only fly business/first class. About the last thing I want to do is endure a 10+ hour flight in economy before getting on a cruise. We too, go to enjoy ourselves. But more loudly. That is, we don't spend much time in our stateroom during waking hours. When we do resort based vacations we always book suites since we cook for ourselves (to eat healthier and due to food allergies) and spend more time indoors.

We fly business, for us it’s the cruise which matters most.  Can’t be bothered with flying 1st - that’s a nonsense for us.

Then, when in port we just prefer to leave the ship and run.  This is mainly because we’ve been most places, and if it’s safe, then there’s nothing like a good run.

Edited by Parsley Cruises
Alteration.

5 hours ago, Parsley Cruises said:

Agree completely, love the extras and of course the comfort of a large accommodation.

22 hours ago, ViennaLover said:

We will be on the July 21 cruise leaving from Copenhagen.  I have assumed that there was only self-serve laundry service but I just read a post about the problem with the laundry stickers.  So, is there laundry service and, if so, what are the prices like?  Is there a laundry package which includes unlimited laundry service.  I had this with Windstar and loved it.

To get back on topic,  there is laundry and dry cleaning available on board for a fee. There is no unlimited laundry package but free laundry/dry cleaning service is one of the perks  for the suites. Also, there are no discount laundry or fill the bag sales on board.

Laundry prices are similar to what I pay at home to have shirts laundered and pants dry cleaned. Except that it is already 18 months old and might not be the current pricing, click here to see prices: #4

Also, read the FAQ  on the Viking website. It is full of helpful information about the ship. There is also an FAQ on MyVikingJourney but it is not as extensive as the one on the main website.

• Like 1

On ‎7‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 12:39 AM, orchestrapal said:

Agree completely, love the extras and of course the comfort of a large accommodation.

Just to clarify my rule: if there is no suitable space available on a particular cruise, we either look for a different date or a different itinerary.  We don't work as such, so having been lucky enough to pretty much see the things we wish to see we are very flexible.

Not being stubborn, it's just that if we want a break away, then surely it's our responsibility to plan ahead wisely; and that's what we do.

On 7/2/2019 at 5:32 PM, ViennaLover said:

We are on the Viking Sky now. Here are the current laundry prices.

A7AF2B97-8658-4B22-A4E8-A585A1415EE7.jpeg

Edited by millybess
  • Thanks 1