VOOM internet - per device or per login?

From what I think I've read here on the boards, VOOM internet is really by login, not by device. For example, if you get it for one device, can two people use it on different devices as long as only one person is logged in at a time, or is it truly tied to a specific device?

Last time on Oasis, we bought the single device VOOM service(i.e. single login).  We discovered by accident that it worked with both of us logged in at the same time though (he on his phone, me on mine).  He had been using it earlier in the afternoon (logged in on his phone) to check emails and apparently didn't ever log out.  I logged in from my phone when we went to the cabin.  While I was still logged in, checking emails, he picked up his phone and was able to pick up right where he left off, checking, sending email, etc.  Never having purchased the VOOM service before, we assumed maybe it was supposed to function that way.  We were able to use it that way the rest of the cruise - simultaneously I mean.    Later after reading different posts about VOOM I realized it must've been some sort of glitch that allowed us to both use the same login simultaneously on different devices.   

Edited by Sherri914

If you purchase a one device package you will get one access code. You can use that code with as many devices as you want but only one device can be logged in at a time (I think Sherri914 got very lucky). It seems to vary by ship but on some ships the first device will need to log off before the second device can log on. On other ships, when the second device logs on, it will kick the first device off.

• Like 1

One device AT A TIME for a one-device plan.... you can use as many total devices as you want by going to logoff.com to make sure you're completely logged out from one before logging in with another.

2 hours ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

....(I think Sherri914 got very lucky)....

I think you're absolutely right!  We didn't realize that at the time.  We thought maybe that's just how it worked.  I remember asking my husband during that cruise why people would pay for more than one code since we were both able to use it at the same time.  We definitely lucked out on that one.