Payment showing due but payment made, anyone else?

Lauvellers

Hi! I am sailing on the Joy in August and made payment in full May 8, I logged in today to pay my gratuities and dining package and the system is telling me I owe for my entire cruise, even though my full payment was made. Has anyone else had this problem? I also called NCL she said shows a balance of zero dollars and not to worry. I kinda am worried. Any help please. 

Thanks, 

Mellissa

I had this problem for a different ship/different sailing. I called three different times and the last woman I spoke with said as long as her system says we're good, we're good. It eventually straightened out and the online system now shows a zero balance due.

I had a similar issue a few weeks ago when they did their system upgrade. I called a few times, and they had issues seeing what I saw. It sorted out after a few days as they worked out the kinks with the system. I made sure to have all of my receipts, just in case.

it will work itself out if NCL is showing it paid. This is just another reason to "print" everything out , cruiselines have so many glitches. Modern tech has its issues for sure.

Going forward get the email showing gratuity and SDP and print and archive them. They do come in handy that way.

17 hours ago, Lauvellers said:

Hi! I am sailing on the Joy in August and made payment in full May 8, I logged in today to pay my gratuities and dining package and the system is telling me I owe for my entire cruise, even though my full payment was made. Has anyone else had this problem? I also called NCL she said shows a balance of zero dollars and not to worry. I kinda am worried. Any help please. 

Thanks, 

Mellissa

Unfortunately not an uncommon occurrence. If you have any questions just call NCL and verify that you are paid in full. They will be happy to send you an email confirmation.

I think all online systems are backlogged and way behind at the moment - wether it be lat credits from previous cruises or payment for upcoming - June was apparently a system update month and I can only assume it didnt go smoothly

I had a similar issue with my cruise I took in May on Gem. I had them email me the confirmation that showed I was paid in full, just in case there was a problem. When we checked in on line, there were no issues, and when we checked in at the port on embarkation day there were no problems. I felt better having a paper copy of the confirmation with me, but did not need it.

On more than one recent NCL cruise the info on My NCL has not been up to date with the info in their system. I hope that the upgrades to the system eventually help with this issue. I now know not to panic because this is not unusual for NCL.

Around a week ago I put a 24 hour hold on a cruise. The next day I paid the deposit. The online

system did not show I was booked but still on hold even though my credit card showed it was

charged. I called NCL and they had to manually go into my account and switch it to booked

status. I am glad I double checked or my cruise would have been cancelled even though I

paid. I would suggest calling if you have any lingering doubts.

Edited by Peachypooh