Car Rental Kahului Maui

oz61

Hi

I was considering booking a Hertz car at Kahului airport for the Sunday. I have read all the recent posts on car rental and I am still unsure if a Hertz shuttle runs from the pier to airport.

Hertz suggested hiring from Hertz, Maui Beach hotel, but it closes at 2 pm on a Sunday and the charge for one day rental is $20 USD more - would an uber or taxi to the airport depot, be a better option?

Can anyone with recent experience advise if Hertz has a shuttle or not and is it to the airport or the hotel?

Can anyone confirm which companies definitely have a free shuttle from a recent experience?

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, thenexus2k said:

I know this is a couple of weeks old now, but I rent cars from an enterprise that is walking distance to the pier

Enterprise RentACar.

40 Hana Hwy
Kahului, HI 96732

If we were to rent from Enterprise and park overnight at the beach hotel, would my husband be allowed to pick up/drop off my family members at the port because they will not be able to walk that far.

On 7/19/2019 at 11:33 AM, thenexus2k said:

I know this is a couple of weeks old now, but I rent cars from an enterprise that is walking distance to the pier

Enterprise RentACar.

40 Hana Hwy
Kahului, HI 96732

On 7/19/2019 at 2:18 PM, Beachiekeen said:

If we were to rent from Enterprise and park overnight at the beach hotel, would my husband be allowed to pick up/drop off my family members at the port because they will not be able to walk that far.

I just booked a mini-van through the big box at the Enterprise posted above. It's about a 9 minute walk from the pier according to Google maps.

We are not overnighting there (have an overnight in Kauai but that's for another post) but we will be picking up the rest of our party as close to the pier as permitted since they have mobility issues.

I'm encouraging my DBiL to rent a scooter or motorized wheelchair for our cruise. Hopefully a minivan will accommodate these. Folks with walking difficulties who cruise face long walks from one end of the ship to the other and even longer walks to get to the end of most piers. Even booking a ship tour for those with mobility issues presents logistical challenges in many cases.

On 7/19/2019 at 7:18 PM, Beachiekeen said:

It’s quite a long hot walk through a fenced off area and fenced in walkways. Security is high at the port. The Uber was able to take us back a lot closer to the ship but we all had to show ID and we had to show our Key Cards as well. I’d suggest he has a good chat to the local security guards on his way out so they can see he’s a passenger and will hopefully allow him back in. 

On 7/19/2019 at 4:33 PM, thenexus2k said:

Enterprise RentACar.

40 Hana Hwy
Kahului, HI 96732

We also rented from here this month and it was so easy! I don’t know why anyone would bother going all the way to the airport or to any other location as this is a very simple walk and the staff there were lovely very quick and helpful. We got a big upgrade on the car we booked as we arrived a little later and the smaller cars were gone. Miami car rental could learn a lot from this tiny rental office!

1 hour ago, AlohaCathy said:

It’s quite a long hot walk through a fenced off area and fenced in walkways. Security is high at the port. The Uber was able to take us back a lot closer to the ship but we all had to show ID and we had to show our Key Cards as well. I’d suggest he has a good chat to the local security guards on his way out so they can see he’s a passenger and will hopefully allow him back in. 

Thanks, we went ahead and rented from Avis that has a shuttle at the airport since we are parking overnight. I guess we can ask when we leave the port area if drop off is an option.

• Like 1

We booked through Hertz for Kahului. We waited for a shuttle but didn’t see one, we tried calling, but it was constantly engaged, so we walked. It was a good 15 minute walk.

The Hertz people at the hotel were not very efficient and pick up took quite a while. Lots of computer tapping even though we prepaid.

In complete contrast, we hired a car from Hertz, Kauai where the shuttles ran constantly to Lihue airport. When we arrived at the airport, the car was ready without a need to sign or do anything and we drove off straight away. Drop off was the same, somewhere there to meet us and no waiting for a shuttle.