What is the name of Jay Beedle's whale watching company?

Coral

10 minutes ago, bjbear said:

It's Harv and Marv's Tours in Juneau.  I've gone with them before and they are excellent!

Sue

I thought Jay was one of the original owners before he sold it off. Someone said they went with Jayleen's Alaska and they were overbooked and went with Jay's company instead and that Jay had formed a new company.

I remember reading this a year or two ago but can't find it. I thought I had bookmarked it.

Am I completely wrong on this?

Edited by Coral

On 7/5/2019 at 2:25 PM, Coral said:

I thought I had bookmarked it. I read a year or two ago that he has a new whale watching company.

Thanks

Theresa

Hi Theresa,

Jayleen's company name is Jayleen's Alaska. 

Karen

25 minutes ago, Italy52 said:

Hi Theresa,

Jayleen's company name is Jayleen's Alaska. 

Karen

I had heard that her father was back in the business. That is the name I was after. I did give my friend Jayleen's info also. Someone indicated that Jayleen was booked and they recommended her father's company in a review and I can't find it anymore.

How was Hubbard Glacier trip!? I have a friend going at the end of the month and said that I was waiting for your review to give to her!

Edited by Coral

1 hour ago, Coral said:

I had heard that her father was back in the business. That is the name I was after. I did give my friend Jayleen's info also. Someone indicated that Jayleen was booked and they recommended her father's company in a review and I can't find it anymore.

How was Hubbard Glacier trip!? I have a friend going at the end of the month and said that I was waiting for your review to give to her!

Just went out with Jayleen twice during our trips and had a very nice time; already booked two more trips for next May.  Jayleen's business is doing very well and if possible, people need to reserve ASAP in order to get spots.

Jayleen and I were talking about her family and there was no indication that her dad was back in the business.  I know that her uncle Steve (used to work for Harv and Marv) has a whale watching company and Jayleen has referred people to him if she was booked.

5 minutes ago, Italy52 said:

Jayleen's business is doing very well and if possible, people need to reserve ASAP in order to get spots.

Another post indicates that after the whale watch with Jayleen's Alaska they asked to be dropped at Mendenhall Glacier. They were dropped a short distance from the parking area so the group avoided the cab fare to the glacier.

I don't think Jay is back in business either.  We went our with Jayleen the week of 6/15, and it sounded like her parents are happily retired and living off the sale of Harv & Marv's.  I'd also contacted Steve and referred another group from our roll call to him.  His company is https://www.alaskahumpbackadventures.com/ while Jayleen's is https://jayleensalaska.com/.  I wouldn't hesitate to go with either one of them.  We had a great trip with Jayleen, and also went out with Steve when he was still working for Harv & Marv.

Another of Jayleen's uncle's is working for another company, but I forget which one it was.

We were also out with Jayleen on June 15th, and we talked about her family and growing up in the business, but she did not make any mention that he was back in business. We rode by her parents house and her mom stood out on the bank and waved at us 😍

8 hours ago, Italy52 said:

Just went out with Jayleen twice during our trips and had a very nice time; already booked two more trips for next May.  Jayleen's business is doing very well and if possible, people need to reserve ASAP in order to get spots.

Jayleen and I were talking about her family and there was no indication that her dad was back in the business.  I know that her uncle Steve (used to work for Harv and Marv) has a whale watching company and Jayleen has referred people to him if she was booked.

Thanks! I did come across Steve's company in my search.

It turns out she is going to go with Gastineau Guiding as she wants the combo with Mendenhall and has limited time in port. This will bring her to Mendenhall also.

Edited by Coral