Gift cards?

We acquired $2,000 in RCI gift cards as a perk for taking a later Delta flight. I read the instructions on how we can use them, but I’m not 100% clear on rules. Can I use them for a new booking at next cruise? Or do they not count as booking direct with RCI?

I am not sure if there are different types of RCI gift cards, however all that I have ever encountered were only valid to secure a NEW booking with RCI directly.  

Is booking on board at next cruise considered booking directly?  I'd love to know myself (instinct says it should be, but how often is RCI instinctual?)

Are they virtual gift cards?  (Long number with a pin?) If so you can have them applied to an existing booking.  If you’re wanting to do a new booking you’ll need to pay the deposit first then request the gift cards be applied and you’ll be refunded any excess.  An email will need to be sent to shared services and it takes about 10 - 14 days to be applied.  I’ve done this for clients a couple of times.

If your gift cards do not say “virtual” gift cards then they can be applied by calling.  

Let me know now if you have any questions.

They are actual paper certificates. My main question is I would like to book my next cruise while on board in September. But I don’t know if I can apply the gift certificates to it since I’m not clear if I’m booked directly with RCI which it states I must do. 

You should be fine.  They all state to book directly but they will apply them either way.  If you book onboard they may have you pay the $100 deposit per person then you can get them applied.

• Like 1

I would agree with you as this is usually the case. However the past 5 cruises I’ve gotten with the KSF promo I’ve saved a TON! The cruise I’m booking is for next October so it hasn’t had the promo yet. This will sadly be our last application of the promo. She will turn 13 on day 2 of the cruise.

Hi,

I am interested in knowing that as well. Is there a phone number on the gift card that you could post? I would like to buy a few gift cards and then book my next cruise in September as well. 

How long do you have before transferring your cruise to your agent?

thanks

ML