Are Lobster and Filet Mignon served in the MDR?

VPMJ

Fresh lobster is readily available in any major city in the USA. I have had it a few times here in Kansas City. Once at a high end Chinese restaurant and a couple of times at Red Lobster. I don't need inferior frozen lobster on a cruise ship.

1 hour ago, WickedRed said:

$21.99 per lb!!!!  I was thinking the precooked lobster I grabbed on a whim last week at the grocery store was expensive at $10.95 for 1.5lbs.

OP your son is going to have so much fun with all the new foods that I'm sure he won't miss not having lobster.  He sound somewhat food adventurous, so that is good. 

OP was asking about lobster for her husband.  

My apologies to her for hijacking the thread.  

My kiddo can be adventurous with food but it is more often hit or miss.

1 hour ago, graphicguy said:

Have raised a son and daughters.  Cruised with all of them.  I wish I had a dollar for every time they said they wanted this food or that food (including Lobster).  Upon getting it, they always rejected it and went back to their old standbys (chicken, burgers, pasta).

Gotta take the little ones’ “desires” with a grain of salt.

Once your son sees the Lobster, and has to go through the process of getting the lobster meat out of the shell, something tells me his interest will wane quite a bit.

1 hour ago, graphicguy said:

Have raised a son and daughters.  Cruised with all of them.  I wish I had a dollar for every time they said they wanted this food or that food (including Lobster).  Upon getting it, they always rejected it and went back to their old standbys (chicken, burgers, pasta).

Gotta take the little ones’ “desires” with a grain of salt.

Once your son sees the Lobster, and has to go through the process of getting the lobster meat out of the shell, something tells me his interest will wane quite a bit.

He'd eat it off daddy's plate but he'd definitely try it.  He likes seafood.  Now, if we were talking veggies....

1 hour ago, VicRock said:

He'd eat it off daddy's plate but he'd definitely try it.  He likes seafood.  Now, if we were talking veggies....

My kids are grown now.  

But, this reminds me of when they were little, though.  Whatever I had on my plate, they wanted.  I had some large prawns one night.  My son said he wanted one.  I put it on his plate.  He saw the eyes looking up at him and tentacles sprouting.  He wanted me to peel it for him.

”It’s yours now....you wanted it, you peel it and eat it or no dessert.”  He moved it around the plate a little bit with his fork, whined about it (which we never allowed at the dinner table), but never peeled it.  He never asked for anything from my plate ever again.

He no longer eats asparagus because he wanted me to peel all the little fronds (or whatever they're called) off.   Um,  nope.  Eat your carrots instead. 

He's cleaned his own cray fish.   He'd never eat an entire lobster tail so would be sampling. 

• Haha 1