magic cove Balconies best room number for quiet and no smells

glittergal1

We had 2273 (starboard) on the Magic and 2248 (port) on the Breeze.  Those are the first cove balconies.  They were very quiet and we never noticed any smells.  Since they are sister ships, I would recommend either of those cabins on the Magic.

2 minutes ago, coevan said:

I don't think we have ever been on a cruise without some smells somewhere on the ship. 

Seriously?  We never smell a thing the entire time we are on the ship.  Does make dining a lot less pleasurable, though🤓

I am pretty sure OP and I are referring to the same "smell" and it wasn't present in either of the coves when we were staying in them.

I highly recommend cabin 2353 on the Magic. We’ve stayed in this cove cabin twice, and the last time is this past May.  Quiet and no smell. Location is great because it’s close to the stairs and elevators. 

We stayed in 2288 and it was quiet, and we never noticed a smell. Though how quiet a room is will depend not just on location, but on who your neighbors are. On our last cruise, we had the loudest neighbors ever. At one point I almost called security because they got into such a heated fight, I thought someone was going to get hurt. 

Thank you all so far, the smells I was referring to and I should have elaborated are sewage smells that some reviewers had mentioned also the cooking smells coming from the Galley above and floating down

• Like 1

Those odours that you are referring to will be dependent on the location of the vents and wind direction.

They can be smelled anywhere on the ship when conditions are right.

Also, if you have a sewage smell in your cabin, check the air trap in the bathroom. It is the drain that is location on the floor (not the shower), many times under or behind the toilet. 

If it dries out, sewage smells will come up. Pour a glass of water into the drain to block the gases.

If all else fails, check your cabin mate.