Voom surf voyage package for 1 device

I'm going on Vision's 12 nights Med. cruise in Aug.

The above package is 35% off at USD 10/day.

Is this a good price or should I wait?

I have a one-day internet pass for Diamond member but I think it's not combinable.

Thanks.

Edited by ace123

Thanks!! I didn't know it is possible to cancel, when do they charge it???

BTW, Is it possible to buy single days?? or it must be the whole week? In case we can buy 24h, does it count the time when you are sleeping or on a tour? I've heard that you can use it during 24h but if you disconnect the time doesnt count. 🙃

35 minutes ago, CatBelle said:

I didn't know it is possible to cancel, when do they charge it???

We’ve heard that you can use it during 24h but if you disconnect the time doesnt count. 🙃

You are charged when you check out with the purchase, like any other purchase. 

The single 24 hour purchase lasts from the time you buy it till 24 (sometimes 25) hours later. Usually $23 for Surf. 

1 hour ago, CatBelle said:

Thanks!! I didn't know it is possible to cancel, when do they charge it???

BTW, Is it possible to buy single days?? or it must be the whole week? In case we can buy 24h, does it count the time when you are sleeping or on a tour? I've heard that you can use it during 24h but if you disconnect the time doesnt count. 🙃

If you purchase pre-cruise, you have to purchase for the entire cruise.  However, once onboard, you can skip the first day (or more) and buy for the remainder of the cruise, so that can save money if you don't need the service for the couple of days.

You can buy single days on board, but the price is likely going to be twice or more than you'd pay from buying it in advance online.

Back in the first days of shipboard internet, you would buy minutes and they would be used up only during the time you were connected.  But with the current Voom service on Royal Caribbean, you buy a continuous 24-hour period of time (on board) or entire cruise length (onboard for twice the price, or online for half the price) that doesn't get "used up".  

If you buy it online now and later see a better price, you can cancel your Cruise Planner purchase and repurchase at the lower price.   They will refund your credit card the original purchase price and charge the new price to your credit card as a separate transaction.

If you can find others (such as on your Roll Call) who want to get internet, it's cheaper to purchase a multi-device plan and split the cost of the whole thing.  For example, a 4-device plan typically works out to less than $7/device/day.  Doing this, one person would purchase a 4-device plan and the other three people would pay that person cash for their portion of the total price.