Solarium Bistro

4 minutes ago, Thorben-Hendrik said:

Yep - same as Harmony! Yuk!🤮🙄

The moussaka on Symphony was the best I had ever eaten. I never bothered with main course... just kept going for the arugula salad and moussaka. 

Hoping it will taste the same. 

Just now, little britain said:

The moussaka on Symphony was the best I had ever eaten. I never bothered with main course... just kept going for the arugula salad and moussaka. 

Hoping it will taste the same. 

Not a fan ouf moussaka and the mushroom stuff or humus.....🙄

Didn't know the menu ahead - so had the steak (not very good) and left hungry as the desserts are not my type of food either....the whole thing is WAY to mediterranean for me...🙄🤮

9 minutes ago, Thorben-Hendrik said:

Not a fan ouf moussaka and the mushroom stuff or humus.....🙄

Didn't know the menu ahead - so had the steak (not very good) and left hungry as the desserts are not my type of food either....the whole thing is WAY to mediterranean for me...🙄🤮

Probably why it is advertised as a Mediterranean style restaurant🙄

• Like 4

Seems like most of you are talking dinner.  I would love some comments/advice on LUNCH on embarkation day.  Windjammer much to crowded.  Have seen photos of lunch and looked quite good.  Harmony in November.

1 hour ago, Thorben-Hendrik said:

Not when it debuted on Harmony!🙄😱

Besides that - it is what the US passengers  PRESUME to be "a Mediterranean style restaurant"😱🙄🤮

Actually, being of Italian descent, it is very much like what my Sicilian grandmother served us every week for dinner.:classic_smile:

We went to Solarium Bistro on Ovation in May.  The first time for dinner, and we both loved the food (I am a picky eater tending towards vegetarian and I was super happy with only eating the buffet appetizers, and hubby got the skirt steak), plus it was quick and quiet.  The second time for lunch, and it was just a smaller Windjammer buffet, no Mediterranean at all (we would have left without eating, but it was right when lunch was ending, and we were hungry).  Highly recommend for dinner if you like Mediterranean and/or healthier food.  Not recommended for lunch, as there wasn't much selection, although it was less crowded than the Windjammer (I'd alternatively recommend Cafe 270 for a light lunch if you're on Quantum class).

16 hours ago, Thorben-Hendrik said:

She served you such a poor quality buffet?😱

Given the nature of the cryptograms in your signature and your profile, I find it difficult (if not impossible) to take any of your opinions on anything seriously.:classic_wacko:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, orville99 said:

Given the nature of the cryptograms in your signature and your profile, I find it difficult (if not impossible) to take any of your opinions on anything seriously.:classic_wacko:

Agree 100%.  I find it seriously offensive.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Snit13 said:

Under profile INTERESTS it states FCKTRMP.  Wonder if he/she would like to tell CC members exactly what that means.  

I think his screen picture says everything about him that anyone needs to know

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, george35 said:

Do you need resv. for dinner at the bistro on Harmony & is it easy to get resv. while on the ship & what is the dress code??

george35

They prefer reservations, but you can walk up.  No enforced dress code, just like the rest of the restaurants.

2 minutes ago, george35 said:

Do you need resv. for dinner at the bistro on Harmony & is it easy to get resv. while on the ship & what is the dress code??

george35

It is fairly easy to get reservation once on the ship - no dresscode....come as you like!👍

Edited by Thorben-Hendrik
  • Like 1

On 7/7/2019 at 2:35 PM, lovelife said:

We got off Symphony the middle of May and dinner was still totally buffet.  I rather enjoyed that it was different.

We just ate at the solarium bistro on Symphony Friday night and there was a waiter. My husband ordered the lamb chops and that was an extra cost. There were about five entrees that were extra, the rest was buffet.

On 7/8/2019 at 6:35 AM, kernow said:

The Solarium is in the planner for our Quantum Singapore cruise next year at a charge of £26.86pp, looks like the same menu as posted here. Something else that is different on the ships in Asia.

Solarium Bistro is usually a hot pot restaurant on Quantum when it is in China.  If they are charging for it in Singapore, I'd guess it's still hot pot and the menu shown is incorrect.

15 minutes ago, exercisemama said:

We just ate at the solarium bistro on Symphony Friday night and there was a waiter. My husband ordered the lamb chops and that was an extra cost. There were about five entrees that were extra, the rest was buffet.

Thanks for the update.  I imagine some people complained that it was different from the others.