NCLs kayaking at Port Canaveral

Monica887

We did this excursion.  Sadly, we did not see a single manatee.  It was a bit chilly in March and we kayaked around the mangroves in search of them.  There were a few times in which the group got spread out and we had to wait for everyone to gather.  There was a sign saying manatee zone, so I’m sure we were in the right place.  Unfortunately, the weather didn’t support the conditions for us to meet with the manatees.  Good luck if you go on this excursion!

Edited by DGMarine
Add to comments.

1 hour ago, DGMarine said:

We did this excursion.  Sadly, we did not see a single manatee.  It was a bit chilly in March and we kayaked around the mangroves in search of them.  There were a few times in which the group got spread out and we had to wait for everyone to gather.  There was a sign saying manatee zone, so I’m sure we were in the right place.  Unfortunately, the weather didn’t support the conditions for us to meet with the manatees.  Good luck if you go on this excursion!

Thanks! Was it at least well organized and scenic, even without a sighting?

9 minutes ago, Monica887 said:

Thanks! Was it at least well organized and scenic, even without a sighting?

It was organized and the crew was nice.  To not put a damper on the lack of manatees, I focused on enjoying the kayaking.  You will hug the mangroves and land.  There were a couple of homes where we peered into the yards with cool design.  Unlike a river, the other side of your view was wide open waters that you could not venture over.  As experienced kayakers, we were expecting a bit more.

Oh, and all of the the kayaks are tandems.  I was not expecting that when we showed up.

• Thanks 1