Views from the Star

Hi All, 

I'm considering a South America cruise on the Star, in an inside unless I get lucky with an upgrade bid. I've read that the Star doesn't have an observation lounge like the Jewel Class, and it's likely to be a bit chilly on the open deck..

Are there any other places where you can sit inside and get good views of the sea and scenery? Any other thoughts on the ship would also be welcome. 

Thanks,

We've been on the Star 4 times and the only places I can think of for views from inside are the buffet and maybe the spa which is aft.  The best spot would be from your suite on deck 12 where the forward observation lounge used to be.  The Family suites without a balcony have floor to ceiling windows and are fairly priced for a suite.

We sailed South America on the Sun and used our balcony for the fjords viewing day, but we had really good weather that day.

Thanks for the response.

Sounds like I'll either need some thermal wear to view from outside, or stake out a claim in the buffet. Even if all my relatives died suddenly, I doubt I could afford a suite (and the police might consider it suspicious).

I haven’t been in the Star since Spice H2O was added, but from the pictures I’ve seen,  a lot of it is covered and it looks like it has some comfortable seating.  The aft views from there would be great.

Edited by herdingdogmom

3 minutes ago, herdingdogmom said:

I haven’t been in the Star since Spice H2O was added, but from the pictures I’ve seen,  a lot of it is covered and it looks like it has some comfortable seating.  The aft views from there would be great.

For a cold cruise it may now have heaters! Great spot. So is the view from the Spa, well worth the cost of the pass.

• 1 year later...

Regarding other viewing places - O"Sheehans deck 8 both port-starboard limited space -

The Promenade deck 7 (port hole windows in various places) -

Deck 7 outside the Promenade is semi sheltered as opposed to topside deck 13.

The Pool deck 12 forward of the Buffet will be another area for viewing but not heated.

Also caution the port side of the Pool deck is a smoking zone.

Another limited area is off the deck 12 Library just before getting to doors to the Pool.

Look for similar nooks and crannies - they are there - deck 12 between the Pool and Buffet

and aft past the Buffet just before entering the Fitness center.

Best course is to layer up with something wind proof on top of it all - also gloves

if your hands are vulnerable and of course a hat.

Odds are that there will be more hardy folks at the deck railing - suggest taking a

selfie stick to mount your camera on to shoot over their heads.

Stay out as long as you can tolerate it - go back in warm up and return yet again.

Think outside the comfort zone albeit briefly !