Nieuw Statendam - Tamarind

taxmantoo

Cannot find much information on Tamarind on the Nieuw Statendam.  When the ship came out, Tamarind was supposed to have an outdoor eating area overlooking the Sea View pool area.  Has anyone actually experienced this and how enjoyable (or not) was it?

They do have it but it seemed to be open only when in port for the evening.  On our B2B in Feb/19, it was only open in San Juan.  I'm not sure why it wasn't open in Cozumel when we also had a late evening; IIRC they thought it was too cool.  We did not actually experience the outdoor Tamarind so I can't comment on that aspect.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Alberta Quilter said:

They do have it but it seemed to be open only when in port for the evening.  On our B2B in Feb/19, it was only open in San Juan.  I'm not sure why it wasn't open in Cozumel when we also had a late evening; IIRC they thought it was too cool.  We did not actually experience the outdoor Tamarind so I can't comment on that aspect.

Thanks.  We will be in Cozumel until 11 pm in November.  Hopefully, it will be warm enough to enjoy.