Alaska cruise Visa documents needed for Yukon tour?

I'm going on a Alaska cruise with my wife of 4 years. She has a permanent green card and a Colombian passport. We are leaving from Seattle and coming back to Seattle. I want to take her on the Yukon tour which enters Canada. Will I need any sort of Canadian Visa. I know if you fly into Canada she would need a visa. Thanks.

According to the Canada Immigration and Citizen web site, your wife will not need a visa, because she has a green card.  They do actually differentiate between flying in vs. other modes of travel (surprising).  If flying, she could get an Electronic Travel Authorization rather than a visa (cheaper, faster, easier).  Entering by car/boat/bus/train is different and only requires her to have proper identification.  More info here:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/visas.asp

image.thumb.png.27285578c92b610c3e93775e5cdc7d4e.png

I have no special knowledge here and just looked this up 5 minutes ago.  Definitely confirm with the Canadian government before trusting a stranger on the internet who sounds like he knows what he is talking about. 😀

Edited by bobmacliberty
  • Thanks 1

We did the Skagway tours bus trip to Yukon.  At the border, the Canadian customs official walked briskly thru the bus. We held our passports up. On board all of 20 seconds  ( probably could have held my Chuck E Cheese pizza card ). 😜

Coming back to US they didn’t board the bus at all just waved us thru. 😡