Name of port in Martinque

katz

We were there on a cruise some years ago.  I'd be happy to check our itinerary/diary if I could only remember which cruise it was!  But since this was some years ago, it might no longer be valid info anyway ...

Mura

By the time I got back on due to all the "boot-offs" from CC, then it was too late to edit my comment above.  I do wish they'd give us more time to edit!

Anyway, here is what I found out after my first post:

Our 2003 cruise was on the QE2 and back then I didn't keep track of our itinerary (other than the ultimate destination) but googling told me that the port is Fort-De-France.  So for the OP, Fort-de-France IS the port.  Beyond that, I don't know where the ship would dock but as I recall it wasn't huge ... From my diary we did a ship's tour -- we were relatively new to cruising back then.  We enjoyed some of the stops, the others not so much. But it wasn't awful!,

Today we'd probably try to find a guide, or even a taxi to see the island.  My diary does say that once we returned on the bus we saw lots of taxi drivers who were offering a similar tour for much less money.  But this was 2003 so who knows!

Hope I've helped a little ... We did enjoy Martinique for what it is worth ...

Mura

8 hours ago, katz said:

Anyone happen to know which port Insignia might dock at in Fort de France?

Le Grand Port Maritime de la Martinique

https://www.beyondships3.com/martinique-cruise-port.html

The Pointe Simon Pier (google image photo below of Riviera docked right in town)

image.jpeg.0acb1eba324e60aad055b848d20a362b.jpeg

Edited by Hoopster95

Thanks everyone for the info.  Since we weren't in any of the ship's excursions and have heard there is not a lot to do on this island, we decided to rent a car for the day.  We were trying to find a rental company that was either at the pier or close to it.