Inspiration live 1st day- menu & parking Long Beach

Parking at Long Beach- easier than anticipated. Follow signs to Queen Mary, then for Carnival right side ticket machines. We arrived at 10:48am. Dropped a suitcase curbside, but can take carry-ons thru if like. Was told parking lot had been open for a long time now (I noted handicap spaces almost full) and Carnival opened the dome embarkation area at 10:30am.  We Entered building &  directed to priority access, checked in immediately at a raised table. Waited in “Capts lounge” vs nice park area for general. We brought a few empty water bottles to refill water on board. NO bottles are allowed even empty (surprise change).  Boarding for priority started at 11:15. Be prepared pull luggage up a few uphill ramps (there are elevators for those needing it). Buffet was just starting but dessert was ready & salad bar. Noted that sugar now in pour containers & no straws has started. Bring your own packets if sweetener particilar. 

Never having driven to a port before, found this way less hectic than FL port chaos. 

2252CAE5-7B5E-4D0B-81A2-0BF1D3E1EC11.jpeg

902C8B31-8AEB-4050-A325-0FDC114EE021.jpeg

D73B5EE5-BC8F-49E3-ACD6-86025A57C620.jpeg

Having sailed over 15 cruises, this was a first with an interior cabin & one so far aft. We needed a way to meet some family in Ensenada for a day there, and budget cruise was our best option only a month before sail date. 

Plenty of cabin space, storage. Just found so far that covering bathroom floor drain & shower drain has eliminated minor odor in bathroom. 

We also perked in other cabin types as crew still prepping. IMO Sure wouldn't want pay premium for V2 & nearby cabins as that balcony us near a public outside stairway. 

I will try and post when have wifi access. 

P.s curtain just hides a wall 

C72CE8BC-AE76-4ED3-BC2B-11922F489D8B.jpeg

8521AC06-8BC4-4074-BF10-B4ACEE67DCB4.jpeg

12 minutes ago, fyree39 said:

Very comprehensive review! I really like the Inspiration.  We'll be on her sister, the Imagination, in September.

Question: Are there artificial sweeteners available at all? Or is it only sugar? I was a bit confused at your statement and wanted to clear it up in my own head.

I just got off the Imagination on Thursday. We loved it! (I've already been on Inspiration last fall.)

Long Beach is so easy. Our check-in window was 12-12:30 and we arrived in the parking garage at 12:33. It was probably 12:40 by the time we walked up to the check-in line. They looked at our boarding passes and told us to go into the "on-time" line. The "line" consisted of exactly nobody standing in it other than us, and it took about 45 seconds before the next agent became available to take us. We were on the ship by 12:45, having entered the garage at 12:33 and parked at 12:37.

SO easy.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 7/8/2019 at 5:40 PM, Buffettfan 225 said:

We brought a few empty water bottles to refill water on board. NO bottles are allowed even empty (surprise change).  

Were the “water bottles” that you taking something like the cheap plastic bottles of water you buy at the grocery store or were they something like a reusable drinking bottle?  I plan to take my good reusable drinking bottle next month and I don’t want it confiscated.

1 hour ago, GradUT said:

Were the “water bottles” that you taking something like the cheap plastic bottles of water you buy at the grocery store or were they something like a reusable drinking bottle?  I plan to take my good reusable drinking bottle next month and I don’t want it confiscated.

There is no prohibition against taking empty water bottles or empty containers of any kind.  OP probably should have pushed back a little bit; however, it probably wasn't worth it for an empty water bottle.  I have never had an issue taking an obviously reusable drinking bottle on board.