How frequently does the drink package go on sale?

My DH and I are going on our first RC cruise in early October (we previously cruised on Carnival). We are interested in the deluxe drink package and the price today is $544 for our 5 night cruise. I got an email today saying the sale ends tonight. Is this a good price and how frequently do these types of sales occur. Any advice would be great. TIA. 

Drink package sales are a frequent topic of conversation.  The only truths we know is that prices on board are almost always much higher than they are in advance.    Different promotions in advance are common and in many cases each promotion ends up at the same "sale" price.  

Most folks here measure drink packages prices in terms of cost per day, per person before the required 18% is added.

For a 5 night sailing $47 to $53 in advance is common.  That's per person times 5 nights plus 18%.

Package pricing varies by cruise length, region, time of year, and how well package sales are going on a cruise by cruise basis.  Holiday cruises like Christmas or New Years are often more expensive.  

If sales are strong for your cruise date, less expensive rates may never be offered again.   The same cruise on the same ship a week later might have slow sales so they might drop the price.

• Like 1

Once upon a time The little Fairy did cabin upgrade's for the lucky one's . Then one dark and stormy night ....POOF ! and she was gone .  After sailing around and around The Little Fairy had a thought "These drinks are bloody expensive" So she snuck into the  cruise planer and "POOF"  the deluxe drink package was $18 for the lucky one's , We now prey that The Little Fairy will return one day 🧚‍♀️

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/10/2019 at 4:06 PM, Hogbay said:

Once upon a time The little Fairy did cabin upgrade's for the lucky one's . Then one dark and stormy night ....POOF ! and she was gone .  After sailing around and around The Little Fairy had a thought "These drinks are bloody expensive" So she snuck into the  cruise planer and "POOF"  the deluxe drink package was $18 for the lucky one's , We now prey that The Little Fairy will return one day 🧚‍♀️

I wish I'd caught that sale!  I've never seen it that low on any cruise line.  I had just booked a b2b on Empress and it would have made the vacay that much more perfect.  So I guess I'll just bring a couple bottles of wine on board each cruise.  C'est la vie.

• Like 1

Sailed about 8 cruises since it was offered , only one never went on sale, others we paid between 42 and 48 plus the 18 percent, sometimes they changed weekly , we used to book as soon as we saw a sail then keep on monitoring price if price if price went down would call and get new price, just turned Diamond plus so we now can get 30 percent off on board.