Poker Cabin Crawl

LadyDuchess

Can someone share with me how you set up a Poker Cabin Crawl on your cruise sailing? I participated in one back in 2017 on MSC Divina and can no longer view that board with how we did it. Any guidance would be awesome. Thanks 🙂

Here are instructions from another post.

"I also included a poker run in conjunction with that cabin crawl that was super popular.  For those that have never heard of that, the way it works is that anyone interested put $5 euros in a "pot".  Participants collected playing cards from our hosts at each cabin visit.  At the end, we all compared our "hands" and the best poker hand took the pot.  I also made some silly prizes for runners up and the worst hand.  It was a great way to get to know fellow cruisers and we ran into our new friends the entire cruise and had running jokes about this fun event on day 2.  By the way, our winner had well over $100 extra euros in his pocket and everyone who participated got a little souvenir to take home."

On my sailing a deck was given to each cabin host. Guest who participated chose their card at the cabin and took the card to the person logging what card was drawn. That way it kept everything fair. 

Edited by LadyDuchess

6 hours ago, denmarks said:

I just wondered how many decks of cards would be needed and how do you ensure they are given out randomly.

Each room gets their own deck of cards.  On our poker game, we didn't log it in with anyone, but everyone just kept their own cards.  And showed what we had at the end. We trusted each other, I guess.  Well, since everyone basically showed everyone else how their hand was developing, by room #3 everyone was aware of which people were holding the best cards/hand.