Just booked our second cruise.!!

CheifM

We sailed on the Elation back in April 2018 to celebrate our daughters birthday and everyone had a wonderful time. We are getting ready to make our second trip to Disney World this year in October. My wife insisted no Disney trips next year so I just booked us on the Liberty for September of next year. We have been doing 2 short vacations a year but we decided on just one for next year. She can relax on a cruise compared to theme parks or the beach. 

• Like 3

I know this is the Carnival forum, and I love Carnival.
But if you really like Disney we did a Land and Sea Vacation about 15 years ago that was pretty fun.
It was a week long and we had 3 nights at Disney World (with Park Hopper passes) and then you get a 4 night Bahama cruise out of Port Canaveral.
It was a little pricey, but it is Disney after all.
The ship was Ok.
I had sailed RC before that and enjoyed both, but Disney was all about the Mouse 24/7. 

I much prefer Carnival over the other two (out of 7 Cruises, 4 are Carnival!) but if y'all like Disney and cruising it is something to think about.

Kudos to you, btw, for thinking of your wife and getting her a long vacation!

The wife and I talked about a Disney Cruise, I am an older dad with an almost 4 year old son. We agreed to do a Disney Cruise but decided to wait till he is a little older. We love Carnival and had a wonderful time on our last cruise and expect nothing but the same on this cruise. 

Happy wife = Happy life!

Edited by CheifM
  • Like 1

People with kids love those Disney cruises... BUT when I can book TWO CCL cruises for the price of ONE Disney it's a no-brainer for us. We took a few years off from cruising when the son was young; we are now back to it hardcore. We generally always have 2 cruises booked ahead. We are hooked-welcome to the club!

Edited by ober134

2 hours ago, ober134 said:

People with kids love those Disney cruises... BUT when I can book TWO CCL cruises for the price of ONE Disney it's a no-brainer for us. We took a few years off from cruising when the son was young; we are now back to it hardcore. We generally always have 2 cruises booked ahead. We are hooked-welcome to the club!

We thought about a Disney short cruise out of LA but then figured out we could do a Carnival short cruise followed by 3 days at Disneyland for about half the cost of the Disney cruise. So longer vacation PLUS time at Disneyland.

My 7-yr-old and 9-yr-old DO love meeting the characters, but they also love the rides. So doing "Disney" without the rides (ie, Disney cruise) wouldn't be all that great. They agreed that Carnival was the way to go for us.

So we did a 3-day Ensenada getaway on Carnival Inspiration followed by a beach day in OC, and then 3 days at DL/DCA over Fall Break, so we got to do the Mickey's Halloween Party. DEFINITELY much better in our opinions!

We are doing Mickeys not so Scary in October, taking our motorhome down and a first for staying at Ft Wilderness. 

We had talked on doing a 7 day cruise but the wife didn't want to be gone that long. I would like to do a cruise on the Carnival Magic out of Miami before too long. That ship looks amazing. 

2 hours ago, CheifM said:

We are doing Mickeys not so Scary in October, taking our motorhome down and a first for staying at Ft Wilderness. 

We had talked on doing a 7 day cruise but the wife didn't want to be gone that long. I would like to do a cruise on the Carnival Magic out of Miami before too long. That ship looks amazing. 

We just sailed Magic in April. Loved it

Yay! We just got off an 8 day Horizon last Sunday and are already thinking about our next vacation- sans kids this time! When the kids were little we did a Disney cruise- it was a whole lot more affordable then! In 2015 we did a land and sea, piecing it together ourselves, choosing Carnival to cruise and then did Disney in FL. I’m WAY over Disney now. I just want to chill on islands and have my days planned out for me onboard 😌

Edited by lensonlife

This will be our third trip to Disney. The original plan was to get my sons first haircut there in September of 2017 but when it came time he was not letting it happen. I told the wife no sense in fighting we will just come back and do it another time. So we did the end of March this year and it went fantastically. My son is hooked on Halloween so we are going to do his first trick or treat at Disney in October. Ready for another cruise. We loved Nassau and can't wait to see it again. Never been to Half Moon Cay so that's going to be great.

I do have a question, is lunch provided at Half Moon Cay? 

Thinking of doing a cabana rental too.