Reflection 1547 1552

ghstudio

I have seen posts saying these cabins are partially blocked by window washing equipment which is parked over the next cabin.....and then some say there is no obstruction at all.  Nothing in the S-Class cabin thread.....so I'm asking here.  Note: the reflection is different from the other S class ships.....so experience on other ships in those cabins doesn't apply.

Is the window washing equipment right next to or above this cabin or the next cabin on the Reflection?

I've stayed in both these cabins on the Reflection.  They have no obstruction.  Love the large balcony and the overhang for shade.  When I book the Reflection, these are the first cabins I look for.  Have two future cruises booked in 1552 (bed by balcony) and two future cruises booked in 1547 (bed by bath).

• 7 months later...
On 7/11/2019 at 6:05 AM, JerseyGirlatHeart said:

I've stayed in both these cabins on the Reflection.  They have no obstruction.  Love the large balcony and the overhang for shade.  When I book the Reflection, these are the first cabins I look for.  Have two future cruises booked in 1552 (bed by balcony) and two future cruises booked in 1547 (bed by bath).

Just booked 1547 & the travel agent said when she called Celebrity they said it was an obstructed cabin, but she could not find any obstruction when she looked at the ship plan.  She thought maybe the obstruction was the overhang.  I, too, love the larger balconies and usually book the 1A ones that are on the slant.  This is our first time in aqua class, so I'm hoping they have not put an obstruction there since your last stay in 1547!  Thanks for the info.

I've stayed in 1552 and 1554.  The window washing machinery hangs down directly in front of 1554; and several feet out from the railing.  It would be a hindrance if you were trying to take photos.  From 1552, it's to your right by about 30 degrees.  In both cases the extra balcony size is well worth it to me. 

Harris

Denver, CO

On 7/11/2019 at 6:02 AM, ghstudio said:

I have seen posts saying these cabins are partially blocked by window washing equipment which is parked over the next cabin.....and then some say there is no obstruction at all.  Nothing in the S-Class cabin thread.....so I'm asking here.  Note: the reflection is different from the other S class ships.....so experience on other ships in those cabins doesn't apply.

Is the window washing equipment right next to or above this cabin or the next cabin on the Reflection?

Cabin 1547 is considered a partial obstructed view. Window washing equipment is to your right, not really a concern.

It is one of my favorite cabins! We always book this cabin when available. And you are wrong in this case.....it is the SAME on ALL S class ships for these two rooms .

Happy cruising!

On 2/27/2020 at 4:55 PM, Luv2Travel64 said:

Just booked 1547 & the travel agent said when she called Celebrity they said it was an obstructed cabin, but she could not find any obstruction when she looked at the ship plan.  She thought maybe the obstruction was the overhang.  I, too, love the larger balconies and usually book the 1A ones that are on the slant.  This is our first time in aqua class, so I'm hoping they have not put an obstruction there since your last stay in 1547!  Thanks for the info.

Just got off the Reflection after 17 glorious days in 1552 (bed by balcony), and will be in 1547 (bed by bath) next January for 21 days.  No obstruction (unless you count the overhang).  On all other S-Class ships, both these cabins have the window washing equipment parked In front of adjoining cabin, which is considered an obstruction.  Believe Celebrity just didn’t update deck plans entirely when the Reflection was built.  The window washing equipment was moved on the Reflection to a different location (think deck 12).  Take care of “my” cabin, if you are on the Reflection.  

Edited by JerseyGirlatHeart

12 hours ago, highway180 said:

Cabin 1547 is considered a partial obstructed view. Window washing equipment is to your right, not really a concern.

It is one of my favorite cabins! We always book this cabin when available. And you are wrong in this case.....it is the SAME on ALL S class ships for these two rooms .

Happy cruising!

The Reflection is different, no window washing equipment in front or beside either of these cabins (have stayed in both).  When Reflection was built, the equipment location was changed.   Have also stayed in these cabins on other S-Class ships and the equipment is in front of adjoining cabins, I personally didn’t find it a problem.

Well went with it and after looking up enough info on the room and location moved to 1552 on Reflection on my cruise, well still far away in Nov.  Able to do the one category upgrade for the room which I figured I could but was not totally sure since i was under a group rate with my TA.  Like the location overall and the bonus of bigger balcony looks great

• Like 1