Australia & New Zealand Excursions

Mitina

Trying to do some advance planning.  I can view the generic descriptions on the Viking website.  Does anybody have the specific pricing for the optional excursions on this itinerary?   We depart February 2020 and won't see this detail until closer to November/December.   Also any must do's (or don'ts).

Thanks

Mike

We are taking the World Cruise and received the ship tour list a couple of months ago. Most likely we are visiting most, if not all of the same ports.

Although I am arranging private tours in most ports, if any of the ship tours are of interest, please advise which ones and I can provide the price. Note - our pricing is all CAN $.

1 hour ago, Heidi13 said:

Although I am arranging private tours in most ports, if any of the ship tours are of interest, please advise which ones and I can provide the price. Note - our pricing is all CAN $.

Thanks for the offer.  Canadian $ is OK.  Here are a few we've been looking at:

Sydney
----------
Sydney Opera House, Harbor & Bondi Beach

Hobart Tasmania
---------
Richmond & Bonorong Wildlife Sanctuary

Dunedin
-----------
Otago Wildlife Cruise

Napier
--------
Classic Car Ride & Guided Walk
Sheep Station & Te Mata Peak

Rotorua (Tauranga)
--------------------------
Geothermal Rotorua

Auckland
------------
Sky Tower & Sea Life Aquarium

4 hours ago, Mitina said:

Trying to do some advance planning.  I can view the generic descriptions on the Viking website.  Does anybody have the specific pricing for the optional excursions on this itinerary?   We depart February 2020 and won't see this detail until closer to November/December.   Also any must do's (or don'ts).

Thanks

Mike

2 hours ago, Heidi13 said:

We are taking the World Cruise and received the ship tour list a couple of months ago. Most likely we are visiting most, if not all of the same ports.

4 hours ago, Mitina said:

Thanks

Mike

If you go to My Viking Journey and look at shore excursions they are all listed.  You can save the ones your are interest in on your wish list and then book them from there on your booking date.  

1 hour ago, Mitina said:

Thanks for the offer.  Canadian $ is OK.  Here are a few we've been looking at:

Sydney
----------
Sydney Opera House, Harbor & Bondi Beach       Duration 4.5 hrs Cost $119.00

Hobart Tasmania
---------
Richmond & Bonorong Wildlife Sanctuary        Duration 4.0 hrs  Cost $104.00

Dunedin
-----------
Otago Wildlife Cruise          Duration 2 hrs  Cost $129.00

Napier
--------
Classic Car Ride & Guided Walk     Duration 4 hrs     Cost $349.00
Sheep Station & Te Mata Peak       Duration 5 hrs   Cost $129.00

Rotorua (Tauranga)
--------------------------
Geothermal Rotorua      Duration 6 hrs   Cost $314.00

Auckland
------------
Sky Tower & Sea Life Aquarium     Duration 3.5 hrs   Cost $104.00

See responses for duration & cost in red. These were as of March 2019, when our tours were posted online.

1 hour ago, Heidi13 said:

See responses for duration & cost in red. These were as of March 2019, when our tours were posted online.

Thanks Andy.  As you know, My Viking Journey doesn't show excursions yet (too early for our cruise) and the generic website doesn't show prices.  

Very helpful.

Mike

Mike - You're very welcome. Affirmative on the pricing not showing until normally about 100 days out. We were very fortunate in that we received ours in March and we don't depart until January.

If you start looking at private tours, drop me an email at either the address on our blog or the WC one I created (WC Jan 4 Roll Call). Will be starting more work on tours next week, but have already booked Rotorua, Christchurch & Dunedin. Have also selected a tour in Bay of Islands, but not yet contacted them to negotiate a price, if we fill a van. In Napier, we use the ship's tours as it is short port call. Auckland/Wellington we will use the Ho-Ho bus.

32 minutes ago, Janelofton said:

Would you be able to tell me the price listed for 'NEW ZEALAND & TASMANIA OVERLAND" 5-day tour. I imagine it is very expensive, but my husband and I were intrigued by it. Thank you! 

Oh yes, this one raised our eyebrows - CAN$ 14,689.00 pp

That's $14K each. Ouch!!!

We elected to skip this one.🙂

Tauranga is a lovely port. If you are fit, the steep walk up Mt Maunganui is worth the effort - views are spectacular.  

We used Zealandier Tours for our excursions in Otago, Akaroa and Tauranga when we cruised with Celebrity. Zealandier do day trips from Tauranga to Rotorua, at less cost than you are being quoted.  They also visit Hobbiton - the movie set from Lord of the Rings. Their minibuses seat 12 - 16 people, reducing the time spent getting on and off big coaches.  Their guides were excellent and informative, making sure we saw all the essentials such as the geysers erupting, elusive penguins etc. They guarantee getting you back to the ship on time. They were an absolute pleasure to deal with.  We found them on Tripadvisor.

It was an eventful cruise - one passenger was killed on a cycling excursion, and another group were involved in a coach accident. Hopefully your cruise is more sedate.

8 hours ago, Heidi13 said:

Oh yes, this one raised our eyebrows - CAN$ 14,689.00 pp

That's $14K each. Ouch!!!

We elected to skip this one.🙂

Goodness! I knew it would be expensive, but that is more than twice as high as I was guessing. We, also, will skip this one. Thanks so much for replying. I appreciate it. :classic_smile: