Chefs Table on the Freedom

There are quite a few threads on the Chef's Table.

We've enjoyed it on the Breeze several times and on the Freedom, just this past spring.

I don't think of it as dinner, but as an on-board excursion for foodies.  It takes the whole evening, averaging between 2.5 and 3 hours, and includes a tour of the galley.

On the Freedom it is held in a private, quiet room off the mid-ship dining room.  It is a set, eclectic menu.  You will be asked beforehand about allergies and aversions so the chef can prepare alternate dishes if needed.  Wine is included.

It's not for meat and potato only palates or for picky eaters.  It is usually the highlight of my cruise.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, bury me at sea said:

There are quite a few threads on the Chef's Table.

We've enjoyed it on the Breeze several times and on the Freedom, just this past spring.

I don't think of it as dinner, but as an on-board excursion for foodies.  It takes the whole evening, averaging between 2.5 and 3 hours, and includes a tour of the galley.

On the Freedom it is held in a private, quiet room off the mid-ship dining room.  It is a set, eclectic menu.  You will be asked beforehand about allergies and aversions so the chef can prepare alternate dishes if needed.  Wine is included.

It's not for meat and potato only palates or for picky eaters.  It is usually the highlight of my cruise.

Sounds like we made a good choice. I love the idea of viewing it as an "excursion". Thanks for the insight. 

• 1 month later...
14 hours ago, crescami said:

I'm sailing on Freedom in December. I am not getting a drink package but I bought the Chef's table as a surprise for my mother. Is there drinks served with the meal? ( I am okay with wine) 

There was champagne at the initial small bites in the galley.  Then when we moved to the private table there was unlimited Oyster Bay Sauvignon Blanc and Layer Cake Red Blend during the meal, constantly poured.

• Like 1