Costa B2B Procedures

Wansbrough

We have done B2B cruises with Celebrity down under, both turnaround days were in Sydney. Both were different, one cruise went outside their waters to Fiji and when we were back on board we weren't allowed back off again while the cruise up the east coast we were free to come and go once we had re-embarked. It all had something to do with immigration.

We will be on Fortuna next year and are doing B2B cruises from Singapore, can anyone provide any details on how Costa approach this? Obviously as both cruises visit other country's then immigration will surely come into play. 

With Celebrity they had to clear the ship so in both cases we had to get off for a couple of hours. I assume this will be the same with Costa or should I not assume anything being as its Costa. 🙄

Hi

Done this on the Victoria beginning of last year. We booked it as a single cruise but got all the Costa club benefits double. As far as I recall we did not have to do the safety drill twice. Singapore emigration is a nightmare. We queued for a long time on arrival at the airport. The same thing going on the ship our first day. Don't even bother to get there early. We had priority with loads of others and it was a shambles. Not just the Costa check in but worse the emigration. Coming off the ship half way through was no different. No Costa issues this time but emigration same old thing. Getting off the last day yet again the same thing with emigration. I lost hubby for a bit because his thumb print would not scan somehow and he was taken off to one of those scary little rooms!

The ports were wonderful. Except for the overnight in Bangkok which we did with Costa we just got taxis in the ports with a list of things we wanted to see printed out. I did a review of the cruise if you are interested. Somewhere on CC with lots of photos. We would love to do the same thing again. I forgot, we did the last day on the way to airport with Costa was well as was not too expensive and really easy.

Riana

32 minutes ago, alicat58 said:

I did a review of the cruise if you are interested. Somewhere on CC with lots of photos. We would love to do the same thing again.

Riana

Found it. Off for a read now.