Norwegian Joy Vibe Beach Club Double Wide

aero777

Vibe passes must still be selling well after the latest price increase to $209 pp for a 7-day sailing because they have almost doubled the size of Vibe on the Getaway. But no one has mentioned that the Joy also has had Vibe expanded to include both starboard and port sides apparently during her dry dock. And in November the Encore will start sailing with what looks like the biggest Vibe of them all. Port / starboard sides as well as the space on deck 20 that is a sundeck on the Escape and the laser tag on Bliss and Joy.

We were on the Norwegian Joy in May and innocently stumbled into Vibe when we went through the one-way door exiting the upper deck of the Haven courtyard. On every other Away ship, this door leads to the public area outside Vibe. 

On an Alaskan Sailing in May, the place was empty. A crew member told us Vibe passes were $129 pp on the Alaska sailing, which was the old price after the first increase. 

Partition and entrance to Vibe now located by the staircase leading to deck 20. Port side jacuzzi visible on right:

879931CA-49DB-4CD3-9869-45F632582FCC.thumb.jpeg.946e24c08a9b0ea475a195478b6ac3fa.jpeg

Port side jacuzzi:

49F6B93D-6AB3-497C-9A82-6C154EA7DB71.thumb.jpeg.f21317a23c5d8670a81164f445336166.jpeg

Chairs and tables in front of the 2 Vibe bars:

242CDF1D-FD47-44A0-92EB-E73E1AC07A65.thumb.jpeg.ccac01b51ed412cbb4b0fafcadd3ae93.jpeg

Mismatched decking where Vibe entrance was  originally located coincides with deck plans:

15E10DFE-2772-4BD1-AA25-C1839E7A24D2.thumb.jpeg.89a7589423e872564fb2058d08af66c0.jpeg

Part of the original starboard side Vibe and jacuzzi:

A351E4B6-C0FE-497B-B33C-CA169F7C2E20.thumb.jpeg.9c5ee3d4008ba0e235ac79bd9643a1e7.jpeg

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, M&JfromSDL said:

I see they do not offer Vibe Cabanas on this ship.  Is that the case across the fleet?

No, Getaway and Breakaway still have the large cabanas. Bliss has small cabanas in the back row.

Edited by aero777

If it’s staffed appropriately and deck space to passenger ratio is kept the same as it was prior to the expansion they’d still get my money.

No kids, more space, padded loungers, service (hopefully), hot tubs not an experiment in water displacement are worth it to us.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, imlulu said:

This area is not very luxurious in appearance. What exactly are you paying for? A lounger in the sun guaranteed? 

When we’ve done Vibe, we were always able to find two loungers together anytime of day. The crew will set up umbrellas and bring a pitcher of infused water. The loungers are much more comfortable than the rock hard loungers by the pool. The crew will help you get most out of your drink package. We always meet a lot of great people in Vibe.

Edited by aero777
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, donovanrs28 said:

Wow, the deck plans still show the starboard side as a public sundeck! 

I'm sure it will be taken away from the public at the next drydock, or maybe sooner.

This is the most disgusting thing NCL has done since I began sailing with them. Just a huge middle finger to the general passengers. 

5 hours ago, vacation44 said:

Thank you for posting these pictures.  While my family loves the Vibe, I do not think they should of taken up so much desirable deck space for the new layout.  

We wonder if Vibe will still have the same vibe on a larger scale and at a higher price point. 

Looking forward to reports from Vibe when the Joy and Getaway move to warmer climes.

5 hours ago, PortFees45 said:

This is the most disgusting thing NCL has done since I began sailing with them. Just a huge middle finger to the general passengers. 

and it gets worse on the encore..a very big shame..sooner or later everything is a now an up charge if you want to see the water 

4 minutes ago, shof515 said:

and it gets worse on the encore..a very big shame..sooner or later everything is a now an up charge if you want to see the water 

The 6 most recent NCL ships have the Waterfront and the next 6 NCL ships (Project Leonardo) will have an even larger Waterfront. Even with the reduction of public upper deck space, there are/will be ways to see the ocean without an additional charge.

4 minutes ago, shady2415 said:

I agree Dave my DW and I are going to try and get the passes on our sailing March 14-21, any idea where you get passes on Breakaway. TIA

See post #2 in the above thread.  Very detailed instructions.

7 minutes ago, shady2415 said:

I agree Dave my DW and I are going to try and get the passes on our sailing March 14-21, any idea where you get passes on Breakaway. TIA

Actually that’s the Getaway Haven sundeck LOL. 

According to Dave’s link Headliners on Breakaway.

Edited by aero777