55 days out and can't access edocs

skoeper

9 minutes ago, tokidoki said:

u cant print edocs till tix are ready.  I called NCL till I could see and print it

First time we've ever taken the airfare from a cruiseline.   The waiting is hard!!!   Haha.

1 hour ago, skoeper said:

We are 55 days out from our sailing and still can't access the edocs.    Anyone else having this too???

We are 55 days out also. On the Escape to New England and Canada. Several weeks ago, I was able to print our edocs, and they had our NCL/Delta flight information and our Record Locator Ticket Number. With that number, I was able to select our seats on Delta. However, about three weeks ago, I was no longer able to access our edocs. I chalked it up to NCL's IT upgrade and figured that it would eventually sort itself out.

When I still couldn't access them this week I got a little nervous and contacted NCL Tech Support. They told me that the reason why I couldn't was because our airline tickets were not finalized yet. I explained that I already had seat assignments, and they said that tickets had not been issued yet, and I should wait until 30 days prior to sailing. I said that edocs are supposed to be available at 60 days out. She got a little huffy and said, "60 to 30 days". When I said that I would be checking for my edocs daily, she said, "Just check weekly".

I then called Delta to see what they had to say. They told me that the tickets had not been issued yet, even though I have seat assignments.

So today, I called my PCC, with whom I have a very good relationship. She explained that when NCL began offering free or reduced airfare, their flight reservation system became overloaded. Thus the new IT upgrade to hopefully fix it. Unfortunately, the system was entering flight information on the edocs, which was actually just placeholder information, and not actual ticketed flights. People were getting upset when the flight information on their edocs changed. So now, NCL says don't expect edocs until 30 days out. They may be available earlier, if flights become ticketed, but the official line is 30 days out.

I hope that this eases your mind a little. We just have to be patient and wait a little longer.

8 minutes ago, Falckon said:

I hope that this eases your mind a little. We just have to be patient and wait a little longer.

Thank you 🙂    That's very similar to what our TA was told.   When I'd hear about people printing their edocs, I got a little worried that maybe NCL was just trying to pacify my TA, who was on hold (twice) for 2.5 hours each time.   Sooooo, now I know it's true.   We were told 45 days out.  That it used to be 60 but now it's 45.   I guess NOW it's 30 lol.   I bet they are overwhelmed trying to manage the upgrade screw-ups and all the passengers calling  wanting info.

We are on the same cruise as you are 🙂   First time for a New England cruise for the whole gang, so looking forward to it!

15 hours ago, skoeper said:

Thank you 🙂    That's very similar to what our TA was told.   When I'd hear about people printing their edocs, I got a little worried that maybe NCL was just trying to pacify my TA, who was on hold (twice) for 2.5 hours each time.   Sooooo, now I know it's true.   We were told 45 days out.  That it used to be 60 but now it's 45.   I guess NOW it's 30 lol.   I bet they are overwhelmed trying to manage the upgrade screw-ups and all the passengers calling  wanting info.

We are on the same cruise as you are 🙂   First time for a New England cruise for the whole gang, so looking forward to it!

Update to my prior post. Just before midnight, last night, I received an email with our Air Confirmation. So technically, 54 days out. I don't know if my PCC had anything to do with it, but it is quite a coincidence. However, I still can't access my edocs. I hope you get your confirmation soon.

1 minute ago, Falckon said:

Update to my prior post. Just before midnight, last night, I received an email with our Air Confirmation. So technically, 54 days out. I don't know if my PCC had anything to do with it, but it is quite a coincidence. However, I still can't access my edocs. I hope you get your confirmation soon.

Oh, lucky you!   I hope ours comes soon 🙂  We are a group of late-deafened adults who really want to fly on the same flight and preferably sit together to help each other hear what is being said.      I do have a question:  what is a PCC?

1 minute ago, skoeper said:

Oh, lucky you!   I hope ours comes soon 🙂  We are a group of late-deafened adults who really want to fly on the same flight and preferably sit together to help each other hear what is being said.      I do have a question:  what is a PCC?

PCC is Personal Cruise Consultant with NCL. You should have had one assigned to you by NCL. Over the past four years, I have had 5 or 6 different ones, some good, some not. The one I have now, I selected based on recommendations of a couple of fellow passengers, on our last cruise.

2 hours ago, Falckon said:

PCC is Personal Cruise Consultant with NCL. You should have had one assigned to you by NCL. Over the past four years, I have had 5 or 6 different ones, some good, some not. The one I have now, I selected based on recommendations of a couple of fellow passengers, on our last cruise.

Ah, ok.  We have a travel agent, so I guess he's OUR PCC, lol

2 hours ago, skoeper said:

You can call Norwegians air department at 1-866-625-1163 and request to be on same flight. You must do this before they make your flight reservation. Good luck and expect to be on hold for at least an hour.

I just posted this information on a similar post but is applicable here as well

All the issues could  be in conjunction with the upgrades and other issues.  Here is my experience.  I am sailing on 9/1 with a CAS trip with the free/reduced airfare.  I booked just outside the 120 day window.  

1) eDocs where available within a week of final payment.

2) just before the upgrade eDocs included the flight information (which was only a hold which was confirmed on AA website).  

3) After the upgrade, both flight info and edocs were gone.

4) called NCL and they corrected and both were available again

5) about 3 weeks ago, Edocs were gone again.

6) on July 9th I saw the airline was in ticketed status.

7) eDocs reappeared today (7/17), with all the pertinent information.

So I would not be too concerned on having your eDocs available at this time. I would just confirm every so often that all your information remains the same on the NCL website to ensure that something was not dropped.  I am thinking they do not have an automated feed between the airline reservation system being used and the NCL system, so all the airline info may need to be manually updated (thus the reason it is taking so long).