Best snorkeling site?

Angelfsh131

Not much snorkeling if any in San Juan. 

I've snorkeled on my own in Labadee but have never seen a turtle. In fact the snorkeling kind of sucks there unless you take a ship snorkeling excursion, which  I haven't so I don't really know.

St. Martin would be your best bet though I've never seen a turtle there either.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mitsugirly said:

I have never really found any snorkeling in St Maarten either. Mac66, where did you snorkel there? I'm a snorkeling freak and would like to know in case we return again.

We booked through Aqua Mania Adventures several years ago. I went back and dived with them this spring.  I should mention that Aqua Mania is the booking agent for Dive Adventures who have a dive shop a short walk from the cruise port.

https://www.stmaarten-activities.com/en/activity/173875/the-3-hour-snorkel-adventure

I think you can check through Dive Adventures web site as well though it may just route you back to Aqua Mania to book.

http://www.stmaartendive.com/cruiseship.html

Edited by mac66
  • Thanks 1

On 7/23/2019 at 6:50 PM, mac66 said:

We booked through Aqua Mania Adventures several years ago. I went back and dived with them this spring.  I should mention that Aqua Mania is the booking agent for Dive Adventures who have a dive shop a short walk from the cruise port.

https://www.stmaarten-activities.com/en/activity/173875/the-3-hour-snorkel-adventure

I think you can check through Dive Adventures web site as well though it may just route you back to Aqua Mania to book.

http://www.stmaartendive.com/cruiseship.html

Oh, that explains it. We always like to do snorkeling from the shore and this sounds like it's from a boat. 

1 minute ago, mitsugirly said:

Oh, that explains it. We always like to do snorkeling from the shore and this sounds like it's from a boat. 

They actually have shore snorkeling as well but I don't know of any place where you can snorkel on your own in St. Maarten. Perhaps off some of the beaches.

2 minutes ago, mac66 said:

They actually have shore snorkeling as well but I don't know of any place where you can snorkel on your own in St. Maarten. Perhaps off some of the beaches.

Yea, I have yet to find any beaches with decent snorkeling from it...that's why I got excited when you said that. 😄

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/16/2019 at 8:04 PM, Angelfsh131 said:

Thoughts on choosing one of these to snorkel on our cruise in April? I wouldn’t be sad if I saw a turtle😁

San Juan

labradee Haiti 

St Martin 

4 hours ago, ilbcnuxxoo said:

We did a great snorkeling tour with Captain Alan's a couple of years ago. They took us to an area to snorkel with the turtles. It was amazing!! Very well organized. www.Captainalan.com 

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/17/2019 at 11:42 AM, lofeinman said:

Does anyone have experience snorkeling in both Roatan and Harvest Cay, Belize and, if so, which is better?  We want to snorkel in the BEST place but snorkeling excursions in both ports seem to both claim to be the best.  

For Roatan you want to head to West Bay. The reef there is simply amazing!

Harvest Cay doesn't really have anything (unless you were to book an excursion that takes you somewhere else) and the water isn't very clear and stirred up there as well.