Bonaire with 8 and 10 year old sons

Icecoldcranberry

Hi everyone,

My family will be stopping in Bonaire as part of our cruise. we are looking for suggestions re what to do while there. We have two boys who will be ages 8 and 10 years at time of sailing. We could either book something through the RCL site or are amenable to booking something privately. We want to see and do as much as possible while in port. Thank you in advance!!!

If you want to do an island tour, I recommend Achie Tours -- we just signed up when we got off the ship. Toured both the south and north parts of Bonaire, with a brief stop at the Agave distillery. The tour was a couple hours, as I recall, the island is not that big. 

The "main street" area of Kralendijk is small and walkable. There are several beaches close by, or you may want to contact one of the resorts (such as Divi Flamingo) to find out about a day pass or if you can rent loungers, etc. for some beach time.

You also might want to look into doing the golf cart rental, then you can do your own "tour."

Edited by WisCruiser2

My recommendation would be the full day tour with Brenda at H2O Visions.  My family of 3 (including an 11 year old) did the 5hr tour back in January and rate it as one of the best cruise excursions we’ve ever done.  We thought Bonaire was beautiful and loved being able to do a tour of both the land as well as a snorkel. (Brenda took us to a massive bait ball in a spot that no one else seemed to know about as we were the only ones snorkelling there).

The only downside was that the tour wasn’t cheap, but looking back, it was worth every cent.