Do Costa Cruises do Cruise Documents or only Boarding Form?

GoYouBlues

As the title suggests, does anyone who has cruised with Costa recently tell me if the "Boarding Form", which I filled out and printed, is all that Costa Cruises need (along with my passport) to board? What about things such as baggage labels?  There is one green tick alongside "Web Check in" but when I click "Cruise Ticket" I get a message saying: 

We are sorry, it is not possible to generate your cruise ticket at the moment. The ticket will be issued within the time limits effective in the market where the booking was made. To find out these time limits, we advise you to consult the General contractual conditions or ask your Travel Agency. We also remind you that all the Guests’ personal details must also be entered (please be sure the web check-in is completed in its entirety) and the whole booking payment must be registered.

There FAQ site says that the Boarding Form and passport is all I need to get on board, but I am still confused. Anyone help please?

Once you have filled in your online details you will receive boarding form about a 1/2 weeks before sailing date & luggage labels which need to be printed out. This will be the only thing you will need, but don't forget to take return luggage labels with you on the cruise.

Booking in at the terminal, just show boarding form, your cruise card will be in your cabin.

Even just turning up at check-in with your passport is enough.  In the departure hall there will be people with baggage labels where you leave your cases to be scanned and they will be brought your room after you have boarded.  When you go to check in they will set up your onboard account etc... - then you will go through customs / passport control (sometimes) and then you will have a boarding photo and on you go :) enjoy your cruise - don't sweat the small stuff - they will work it out for you. :)

6 hours ago, tenpin said:

Once you have filled in your online details you will receive boarding form about a 1/2 weeks before sailing date & luggage labels which need to be printed out. This will be the only thing you will need, but don't forget to take return luggage labels with you on the cruise.

Booking in at the terminal, just show boarding form, your cruise card will be in your cabin.

This is the same here.

Print out your luggage labels at the same time as your boarding form. Usually about 2 weeks before sailing.

I don't put the labels on before the flight but before boarding.

I use reusable plastic luggage tags, just insert the paper luggage tags inside them.

I booked through a travel agent who told me she would not get the tickets etc. until 2 weeks prior to the cruise.  Unfortunately we are leaving home before that and will be travelling in Europe up until the cruise. I hope I can print them somewhere on our travels. 

12 minutes ago, Dancer Bob said:

In some ports, security can be a hassle without documents. Port Everglades is particularly bad but not the only one.

Port Everglades is the only one I have been to that checked documents before you got to the cases drop off.

6 hours ago, Lunenburg said:

I booked through a travel agent who told me she would not get the tickets etc. until 2 weeks prior to the cruise.  Unfortunately we are leaving home before that and will be travelling in Europe up until the cruise. I hope I can print them somewhere on our travels. 

Lunenburg, don't worry - we always holiday pre-cruise and several times have turned up without documents and just our passport.  It has never been a problem and luggage labels are available when you arrive.

9 hours ago, Lunenburg said:

Providing you can access your Emails you can print them out in any hotel or e'cafe or anyone with a printer.

5 hours ago, Janet&Carl said:

Lunenburg, don't worry - we always holiday pre-cruise and several times have turned up without documents and just our passport.  It has never been a problem and luggage labels are available when you arrive.

Thanks. We have not used Costa before and with other lines, we always were able to print our documents well ahead of the cruise.

2 hours ago, tenpin said:

Providing you can access your Emails you can print them out in any hotel or e'cafe or anyone with a printer.

I am hoping that will work, I just prefer to have everything done before leaving home rather than bother strangers.