Champagne in Steakhouse?

CruizCuz

I have searched this forum and have found a Steakhouse wine/drink list from 2018, but it doesn't include any champagnes.  However, I have read how others have ordered "real" champagne (not sparkling wine) from the Steakhouse.  I booked the Steakhouse on the Liberty for our upcoming cruise, on the first night, in hopes of purchasing a bottle of champagne 1/2 price.  Does anyone have a copy of the wine menu that includes the champagnes?  Or does anyone have knowledge of which champagnes they have by the bottle?  Thank you!

6 hours ago, mdsgu said:

I think they have Veuve Cliquot.  Around $95/bottle plus 18%.

Thank you!  I love that champagne, but was also hoping for Moet Chandon.  I can't wait for my 50% off bottle!

9 minutes ago, coevan said:

pretty sure they have Dom Perignon as well, about $200, someone mentioned they got Dom on the first night for $100 which is liquor store price

I guess I need to shop at your liquor store - Dom in my city goes for $160 (the 2009 variety, others are higher of course). :classic_smile:

ETA: I know that Dom is an option for the Fun Shops pre-purchase in room packages so that tells me they must have it on the ships.

Edited by joepeka
  • Like 1

Keep in mind that the corking fee is only $15 and the steakhouse (or any venue on the ship), will pre-chill champagne 

You may want to bring your on bottle - that way you are sure to get what you want.  Even with the corkage fee, bringing your own champagne is probably going to be about what you would pay with the 50% discount.

2 hours ago, joepeka said:

I guess I need to shop at your liquor store - Dom in my city goes for $160 (the 2009 variety, others are higher of course). :classic_smile:

ETA: I know that Dom is an option for the Fun Shops pre-purchase in room packages so that tells me they must have it on the ships.

The cheapest in my town is $119, some store are around $150. Never been charged a corkage fee on 15+ cruises

11 hours ago, Bowman1 said:

Keep in mind that the corking fee is only $15 and the steakhouse (or any venue on the ship), will pre-chill champagne 

You may want to bring your on bottle - that way you are sure to get what you want.  Even with the corkage fee, bringing your own champagne is probably going to be about what you would pay with the 50% discount.

Thank you for the suggestion.  I have brought my own wine in the past, but won't this time.  I'm not really picky about the champagne, as long as it's "real" champagne and not sparkling wine.  So I guess I will be pleasantly surprised when I find out which ones are offered.