Mumbai for and Afternoon and Evening

tring

Will be calling at Mumbai next February, but only for an afternoon and evening as the ship is not due to dock until 11am and leaves mid morning the next day when the only tour offered by the ship is a dawn one between 5 am and 8.30 am, so we will not have chance to go ashore then (I am not a dawn person).

We had hoped to go ashore independently, but given the timings we are thinking of taking a ship's 5 hour walking tour, which is one of the earliest due to go off the ship at 12.30pm, then come back to the ship for a quick bite to eat and a short rest, then head off into the town for the evening independently.  The tour seems to hit quite a lot of different places with some transport between a couple of times, so not all on foot.  It will cost us just over £40 pp after loyalty discount, which we thought is pretty decent and would hopefully make the best use of our short time there.  We are on a small UK ship, so very little interest in roll calls, so any private trip would be just for the two of us, so not worth the cost or concern that a private company may not turn up.

Does that sound a good plan to those who know Mumbai, given our very short time in port?  We have not been there before, but from what we have read it is certainly very........ can I say colourful 🙂   I would have liked longer there, but as an asthmatic I may not have appreciated it.

When we were in Mumbai, we organised tours via Mumbai Magic, we had a marvelous time, saw everthing we wanted to see and do, tour tailored to our requirements.

http://www.mumbaimagic.com/contact.html

Contact deepa@mumbaimagic.com.

There have been some negative comments recently, we never had a problem.

Suggest for the evening, negiotiate a taxi (outside the cruise terminal, ask for a price when you have it - smile and call the driver a bandit then negoitate from there). Then tell them to tour, Mumbai at night is totally different, mainline station, promanade on Marine Drive, Queens Neckalce from high up park. Have a beer in the Hilton, driver will wait.

5 Hours walking tour then evening out, good luck, try and get a private tour.

We spent some hours at the Blue Frog in Mumbai.🍹

PS. During the taxi drive, I mentioned what a good cricket team India had, got 10% fare reduction.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, G.M.T. said:

When we were in Mumbai, we organised tours via Mumbai Magic, we had a marvelous time, saw everthing we wanted to see and do, tour tailored to our requirements.

http://www.mumbaimagic.com/contact.html

Contact deepa@mumbaimagic.com.

There have been some negative comments recently, we never had a problem.

Suggest for the evening, negiotiate a taxi (outside the cruise terminal, ask for a price when you have it - smile and call the driver a bandit then negoitate from there). Then tell them to tour, Mumbai at night is totally different, mainline station, promanade on Marine Drive, Queens Neckalce from high up park. Have a beer in the Hilton, driver will wait.

5 Hours walking tour then evening out, good luck, try and get a private tour.

We spent some hours at the Blue Frog in Mumbai.🍹

PS. During the taxi drive, I mentioned what a good cricket team India had, got 10% fare reduction.

Sounds spot on to me, thanks for the reply.

• 1 month later...