Carnival Vista and tendering to Grand Cayman

We are on the Vista's July 27 sailing and will be going ashore in Grand Cayman.  We do not have FTTF or other priority for tenders, and our excursion is not through Carnival.  What's the usual procedure for going ashore under these circumstances?  Do we need to get tickets/stickers for the tender ahead of time, meet at some other location, or proceed to deck 0 when announced?  On our last cruise, the tender port was Belize and we didn't get off, so I ignored how it was done there.  We arrive at 7am and are supposed to meet our excursion operator at 8:15-8:30.  

There should be a location announced (likely the theater) where you’ll get tender tickets and they call by group number. You’re entire party needs to be there to get the tickets and you wait at that location for them to call your group number. The tender ride isn’t very long, but I would get to the theater pretty early so you can get on a tender quickly. The info should be in the FunTimes, and it’s usually conveyed at other points during the cruise. 

3 minutes ago, lab_love123 said:

There should be a location announced (likely the theater) where you’ll get tender tickets and they call by group number. You’re entire party needs to be there to get the tickets and you wait at that location for them to call your group number. The tender ride isn’t very long, but I would get to the theater pretty early so you can get on a tender quickly. The info should be in the FunTimes, and it’s usually conveyed at other points during the cruise. 

Thanks - we'll probably do room service breakfast early so we're ready to head to whatever location.  I looked at the Fun Times from a February sailing with the same port itinerary and it didn't show tendering instructions.  Maybe it was distributed as a separate sheet. 

1 hour ago, NebraskaSatellite said:

We are on the Vista's July 27 sailing and will be going ashore in Grand Cayman.  We do not have FTTF or other priority for tenders, and our excursion is not through Carnival.  What's the usual procedure for going ashore under these circumstances?  Do we need to get tickets/stickers for the tender ahead of time, meet at some other location, or proceed to deck 0 when announced?  On our last cruise, the tender port was Belize and we didn't get off, so I ignored how it was done there.  We arrive at 7am and are supposed to meet our excursion operator at 8:15-8:30.  

From 5/18/19 - 5/25/19 sailing of the Vista

Grand Cayman Tender-Water Shuttle Info.pdf

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, NebraskaSatellite said:

if by any chance you are going with Captain Marvin's  - don't worry - they know how it works and you won't miss out

• Like 1

If you did not make your excursion plans with Carnival, you may not get off in time.  Carnival services shore excursions that were bought through them first.  Only after all Carnival bought excursions are tendered do they open tenders to others.  I was just there on a May cruise and that was the order of the tenders.  Tender tickets from Carnival bought excursions were first.  I would call Carnival customer service to get a firm answer.