What are the on board rebooking promotions?

fatpug

6 minutes ago, fatpug said:

We have a Carnival cruise in September and thinking about booking another for January 2020.  Is it better to book the January cruise now or wait for the on board rebooking?

Thanks

Book it now! Who knows, the price may go up by the time September rolls around! If it goes down, ask for a price drop. As long as you don't book with ES, you can cancel and rebook up until FPD. Sometimes though, the rate you find now is better than the rate you will find when booking onboard! 

Carnival no longer offers incentives for booking onboard. They have removed the future cruise desk from all of their ships. At the conclusion of your cruise, you will get an offer via e-mail that includes OBC, reduced deposit and 2 category cabin upgrade that is valid for at least 2 weeks.  Previously the offer was valid for 2 weeks, but after the last few cruises I have been on the offer was valid for 4 weeks. 

Personally I would book a cruise now if I saw a price I was comfortable with right now. The offer Carnival now gives after you complete a cruise is not much of an incentive in my book. What this change tells me is Carnival is not having any trouble filling their ships, so they don’t need to offer incentives onboard like they did in the past. 

Like Philly said, there is no longer a book on board option; you get an email after the trip with the offer.  From my cruise in January, it came with $50obc.  

If you see something good now, you can book it and apply the "just sailed" offer to the existing booking later.