Panorama Specialty Dining

fabby50

Hey!  Just wondering if anyone has been able to book specialty dining on the Panorama yet?  Also, if there's any information on whether they'll be using the "new system" or the old?  My understanding is Carnival is moving to a system like NCL where you pre-pay for specialty dining and have confirmed reservations right away.

Thanks for any information -

I've been trying to book specialty dining on the Panorama also and haven't been able to.  I get an error so I'm not sure when it will be available to book.  I'm guessing they'll use the new system but who knows.  I just keep checking because my cruise isn't until January. 

I understand that no one is assigned to the ship yet.  However Carnival has changed the specialty dining reservation process and you order online similar to how you order short excursions so it no longer ends up being an email to the specialty dining manager as it was in the past.  

John Heald posted this yesterday (7/31/19):

"Just a reminder that tomorrow - August 1st - you can start to make reservations on line for the specialty restaurants and Chefs Table on the Carnival Panorama"

I went to my bookings and the option was not there yet...

I've also been unable to get through to the dining reservation area.

Sometimes I wonder if John Heald does a big face palm on days like this when he's advertised something and the website isn't set up properly to actually do it.  

32 minutes ago, enfuego4cruising said:

Let the bookings begin! Just made all of our specialty dining reservations for our Panorama sailings. Fingers crossed while we wait for the confirmation emails. 

Hopefully the Carnival I.T. team have worked out all of the bug issues. Good luck all!

9 minutes ago, WNcruiser said:

I was hoping it would be the new system with instant confirmation, but no such luck. 

Oh, it's not the instant system like on Royal Caribbean where you make your reservation (instant confirmation) & pay in advance as well?

😯

Edited by ObstructedView2

My last Carnival Cruise was two years ago on the Vista. I don't remember paying in advance.  But I do know we could not make the reservations more than 3 months out.  We are booked on the Panorama for August 1, 2020.  I see that I can make specialty restaurant reservations including Chefs Table now a year out.  Are we paying for the dinners at the time of reservation?  If so, what happens if we had to cancel?  Do we lose our money?  Perhaps anyone who has already made reservations could comment.  Thanks!!

Lyn

9 minutes ago, ObstructedView2 said:

Oh, it's not the instant system like on Royal Caribbean where you make your reservation (instant confirmation) & pay in advance as well?

😯

I wish, no it's a person sitting in front of a monitor with an old steno pad and a number 2 pencil stub jotting down names and dates. 🙂

2 hours ago, enfuego4cruising said:

Let the bookings begin! Just made all of our specialty dining reservations for our Panorama sailings. Fingers crossed while we wait for the confirmation emails. 

Hopefully the Carnival I.T. team have worked out all of the bug issues. Good luck all!

Can I ask when you are sailing?  We are going in May 2020 and I cannot access anything regarding specialty dining. TIA

1 hour ago, mjrcruiser said:

Can I ask when you are sailing?  We are going in May 2020 and I cannot access anything regarding specialty dining. TIA

We are sailing the 3 day inaugural voyage and the following 7 day voyage this December. We booked a Chef's table and three other specialty venues. Also, they did not ask for a payment. Just a response notice to stand by for confirmation emails, although they gave no indication as to when those emails might arrive.

Hope that helps and that you are able to get your desired reservations.

36 minutes ago, enfuego4cruising said:

We are sailing the 3 day inaugural voyage and the following 7 day voyage this December. We booked a Chef's table and three other specialty venues. Also, they did not ask for a payment. Just a response notice to stand by for confirmation emails, although they gave no indication as to when those emails might arrive.

Hope that helps and that you are able to get your desired reservations.

Thanks so much!  I'll keep checking....I'm figuring May is still a long way off. 🙂