Food issues

This is our first time on Royal. We are sailing in the Adventure of the Seas next May.  We have been sailed exclusively on Celebrity in their Aqua Class restaurant (Blu) for our last five sailings.  My DH has a significant seafood allergy and I am Gluten free. I can pretty much handle my issue myself.  But,  obviously he can't.  It was easy in Blu.  They knew us and gave him the menus in advance. I was curious if anyone has experience with this type of issue on Royal. Thanks in advance for any info !

Let the special needs dept know and I would also visit the Maite 'd when you get on the ship and let him know.  They will give you the menu the night before and pick what you want off the menu.  They seem to be very good at doing special diets.

I have a life threatening food allergy onion.  I have found RCCL to be very accommodating.  There is a Special Needs Department that you have to contact.  Here's the link to the form:  https://secure.royalcaribbean.com/allaboutcruising/guestSpecialNeeds.do  

Just like the other line, you'll get menus at dinner and will be able to pre-order.  Most dishes are made from scratch, so they can usually alter or make you a special version of almost anything.  Day 1's dinner will not go well.  No matter how many times I've tried, I always end up with plain, dry steak and dry lettuce passing for salad.  The kitchen just doesn't have time for my special BS on turnover day.  Any other questions, feel free to ask.  

In addition to the great information already given, it's worth noting that on my recent cruise, every member of the wait staff in each restaurant (mdr or otherwise) always asked about any food allergies before taking orders.

40 minutes ago, shippmates said:

Let the special needs dept know and I would also visit the Maite 'd when you get on the ship and let him know.  They will give you the menu the night before and pick what you want off the menu.  They seem to be very good at doing special diets.

Thanks.. will do 🙂 good to know.

35 minutes ago, LESLIEKURZ said:

I have a life threatening food allergy onion.  I have found RCCL to be very accommodating.  There is a Special Needs Department that you have to contact.  Here's the link to the form:  https://secure.royalcaribbean.com/allaboutcruising/guestSpecialNeeds.do  

Just like the other line, you'll get menus at dinner and will be able to pre-order.  Most dishes are made from scratch, so they can usually alter or make you a special version of almost anything.  Day 1's dinner will not go well.  No matter how many times I've tried, I always end up with plain, dry steak and dry lettuce passing for salad.  The kitchen just doesn't have time for my special BS on turnover day.  Any other questions, feel free to ask.  

Thanks.. it's about cross contamination in a lot of cases for him.  We will send that info to the special needs Dept.  He also is allergic to garlic and cinnamon (but not life threatening) loads of fun 🤨

37 minutes ago, cloggedDrain said:

In addition to the great information already given, it's worth noting that on my recent cruise, every member of the wait staff in each restaurant (mdr or otherwise) always asked about any food allergies before taking orders.

Great to know... thanks ! 😁